The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#188453 - 08/18/09 02:52 AM Baby Shower...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sunday the 16th. was a shower held for my granddaughter Christy. who is expecting my great granddaughter Emily, in October. The shower was held in her MIL's home near the pool and inside. The food was plentiful, we had fancy sandwiches, champagne punch and many different kinds of dips and chips. Chocolate and creme dipped strawberries to die fore!! She had a vanilla cream cake with pink icing and an eatable pink bow around the cake itself.

We played some neat games, The conversation and laughter was wonderful, the place full of warmth and love and it was felt by all. Then Christy and her husband Preston sat down to open the gifts. Well, I have to tell you ladies she got some gifts that weren't even invented when my boys were born. A thingy that compacts diapers and there is never diaper odor. The clothes of course for this tiny girl were so beautiful, matching hats and shoes.

A wonderful time was had by all and even though it began at 3:00 p.m. sharp we were still there at 8:00 p.m....I haven't had that much fun since the gals visited Vegas.

Now Emily is due between October 13th. and the 17th. and yet I held a picture of her in my hands. They can actually take a picture of the baby in the3 womb, clear as a bell. I saw that tiny face looking at me and I felt as though God was touching my shoulder...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#188455 - 08/18/09 07:31 AM Re: Baby Shower... [Re: chatty lady]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Glad you had a fun time! These days there are so many neat gadgets and accesories for infants; why didn't they make them
before, huh!

Also, these days many baby showers will have a diaper cake: a tower of diapers with accesories and so forth in between and around the diapers. So cute and practical!

Cindy

#188458 - 08/18/09 12:32 PM Re: Baby Shower... [Re: diamond50]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sounds like a fun celebration. Did you make any of the food? What a feast.

#188499 - 08/18/09 10:32 PM Re: Baby Shower... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
NOPE, I arrived on time, gift in hand and never made so much as a sandwich or a dip. I was told it would be done and I was just to come and enjoy myself. So thats exactly what I did and it was wonderful.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#188510 - 08/19/09 06:13 AM Re: Baby Shower... [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I hope all of us mothers and grandmothers will someday enjoy being a great grandmother,just like you, chatty. Sounds like an all around happy and loving party. Have those grandkids make more more more! lol

#188518 - 08/19/09 01:43 PM Re: Baby Shower... [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
Sounds like you had a ball. And I'm so happy to hear about the
shower. What a long party. Oh, it sounds as if the food was
totally wonderful. Again, congrats on the soon to be new addition to your family tree!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved