The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#184584 - 06/18/09 09:29 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Di]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Google the Bank's corporate headquarters and speak to the CEO. Then e-mail him with your complaint and cc the press and broadcast media. Wanna bet, how quickly they'd rectify things?

#184588 - 06/18/09 09:40 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Lola]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Love it Lola. I will follow thru!

DH also gave a GREAT suggestion...

Next time I drive up to the window, as the tellers if there is a FEE for depositing cash. If they say no, get their name/date etc etc and tell the boss that even THEIR own workers do not know!!

Love it..and I WILL do that!!

#185488 - 06/30/09 07:47 AM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Di]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
That's really insane. The banks would not exist without our cash.

If we adopted their policy -- "Sorry I have to charge you more to take your cash" -- we'd be out of business ASAP. As should they, if they keep it up.

Poet and essayist

#185496 - 06/30/09 01:26 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: meredithbead]
Di Offline

Agreed, Meredith. Without US, where would they be? And heck, if I had a customer with a LARGE purchase, I would not charge them. That is what we are doing; purchasing a service from the bank to "house" our money.

Update: I did go to the drive up window and asked the teller. She said "It depends on the amount". Well, I said, what is the amount? Anything over $1000. Not sure that means per day or per month or what.

PLEASE, ask your banks about this specifically. Especially if you are in Business. The bank is BBVA Compass, FYI.

Edited by Di (06/30/09 01:27 PM)

#185503 - 06/30/09 02:32 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The bank seems to give me a harder time when I deposit money,
than when I withdraw money. It bugs the heck out of me. You'd think I was Ma Barker or somethin'! Geese! I keep a reasonable amount on deposit at that particular bank. And I've banked there for decades. A friend was recently charged $50.00 at a bank
around here, for being overdrawn $5.00! Talk about a ripoff!
They'll let somebody like Madoff get away with scamming billions for an eternity, while law abiding people get the shaft. Ponzi schemers are ruining the financial system. Go figure!

#185516 - 06/30/09 03:51 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: jabber]
Madelaine Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
wow, this is crazy. I joined a credit union 30 years ago. No fees
and friendly service. I'll never go back to a bank.

#185518 - 06/30/09 03:54 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cash takes more processing than checks? What are they thinking? I just don't get it.

We spent a night away this weekend. The hotel charges everyone a $15.00 recreation fee whether you use their workout room, pool, or not. They also charged $19.00 to park, and we parked the car ourselves. Didn't do valet.

Businesses are being forced to add little fees here and there just to stay in business. It's out of control.

#185524 - 06/30/09 04:21 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Originally Posted By: Dotsie
Cash takes more processing than checks? What are they thinking? I just don't get it.

Well, they are NOT thinking. I wrote to my bank for a "justification" of that fee..NO REPLY! This bank is out of Argentina and an MBA is the head honcho. We do have another credit union account, but they can be a bit "closed minded" when it comes to businesses. They do not offer merchant services....at least ours does not!

#185580 - 07/01/09 01:33 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The cost of parking is nuts. It costs $25.00 just to park your car to watch a football game at our stadium. By the time you buy tickets and food, it costs several hundred dollars to enjoy one game. I do not know how couples with families can afford some events. Geese!

Edited by jabber (07/01/09 01:35 PM)

#185588 - 07/01/09 02:49 PM Re: Our bank charged a fee for depositing cash! [Re: jabber]
Madelaine Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
we beat that parking problem by driving close by and riding our bikes to actual events. We can park where it's free and chain our bikes up close.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved