The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#179665 - 04/08/09 06:51 PM questions about midlife men
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We are in the process of scheduling an expert on midlife men. So that we can gear the teleseminar precisely to what we want to know about them, I thought I'd ask you.

What do you wnat to know about the mysteries behind baby boomer men?

Do they go through male menopause?

Why do some cheat at midlife?

Why do some become more distant at midlife?

What do you see as their biggest fears and concerns?

Anything along these lines, and I'm sure I'll get a few funny ones too, and that's okay!

#179679 - 04/08/09 09:06 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: Dotsie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
What major changes do men want to and do make in their midlife and onward in their years?

What are the main drivers for these changes that men make in their lives? Is it related to improving health, sex, self-image, increasing salary, etc.

Do men develop closer relationships with other men when they get older? Or are they tired of hearing other guys complain? Do they feel comfortable talking to and hanging out with many guys several decades younger than they?

Do much older men feel more physically vulnerable..to attacks, thefts, when they are frailer? Or they don't feel this, until something happens to them?

For latter, I do think this might be where women differ alot than men, for the whole of their lifespan is in the area of personal safety.

#179683 - 04/08/09 09:26 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Correct me if you think I'm wrong but how on earth can we women answer these question better left to the men to answer???
We aren't men, how are we suppose to figure out what they are thinking and feeling??? Geesh, its hard enough to understand the men we are married to doncha' think?

Why not ask a panel of men these question and then pray you can get any of them to spill their guts and be truthful about anything that makes them look or sound vulnerable or soft!!!!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179704 - 04/08/09 11:18 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chats, read what Dotsie said again...she didn't say what do you think the men bla...bla...bla....she said it's an opportunity for you to ask about WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THEM.

Not how THEY would react to the question, but what would you like to know about midlife men....

Like,

Would you like to know why they do certain things? React a certain way? For instance, I have a friend whose hubby came home one day and he had traded their perfectly good, paid for car in on a corvette...which she hates. Why did he do it?

I know another woman whose hubby never wanted adventure, or to travel. He walks in on his 50th b/day and announced he was leaving her and had cashed in his CD...he was going to live in Paris and basically walked out the door saying, "Ta Ta." She didn't have a clue...

So, what would you want to know? Anybody?

#179718 - 04/09/09 06:49 AM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
What is their perspective on women's struggles to achieve equality with men in the workplace etc. Do they feel threatened by it? In what way? Does a woman's claim to equality decreases a man's attitude on chivalry?

#179728 - 04/09/09 12:13 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jed Diamond is going to answer these questions for us. Google him. He's the expert on male menopause. We've done one teleseminar with him in the past and it was awesome. It's archived in the Members Only area at www.NABBW.com.

The last time , he created the presentation. This time, he asked me to see what women wanted to know and then we'd tailor it to suit our audience. The first week, he'll share his insights and do a 15 minute Q/A. The second week will be an hour of him answering our questions.

#179767 - 04/09/09 03:01 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Does Jed think most men consider themselves mentally superior to the opposite sex? If yes, why?

#179781 - 04/09/09 06:01 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'll ask him!

#179810 - 04/09/09 10:36 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh I'm sorry, I read it wrong...Thanks JJ.

I would like to know why men think its okay to cheat even when they have a good wife at home who loves them?

I also want to know why men judge a book by its cover, never seeing the prose and/or poetry within?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179846 - 04/10/09 02:08 PM Re: questions about midlife men [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Great. Keep them coming.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved