The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#177798 - 03/22/09 08:50 AM Re: Can I play? [Re: ]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Of course, you can play! What to do with all the pantyhose? Wanna play "banks and robbers"? LOL! Welcome to BWS, Hevyn.

#177809 - 03/22/09 01:09 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hevyn, welcome. I can't beleive you live in Ocean City. For those who don't know, that's a huge vacation spot for Baltimorans.

Did you live and work there before you retired?

Here's how you can fill some of your days -

Walk the boradwalk and eat some Thrasher's french fries for the rest of us.

Walk the beach at sunrise.

Visit Candy Kitchen and eat some fresh taffy for us.

Go to the outlets in Rehoboth and do some shopping.

Sit at the inlet and figure out how the bay meets the ocean with such tremendous force.

Grab a bench on the boardwalk and watch the world go by.

You're a lucky duck to be at the beach and retired!

Glad you're here.

#177825 - 03/22/09 03:11 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Welcome Hevyn. Glad you joined our fun group.

Chatty,
What are doing with a tub in your garden? How many people can you get in your shower? That sounds naughty. Teehee...

#177910 - 03/23/09 07:15 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: jabber]
Hevyn
Unregistered

Hi Lola, jabber & Dotsie. I'm very glad to be here.

Dotsie, Hon, I appreciate the suggestions! I do the bench on the boardwalk thing, often sit near a restaurant that has a reggae band performing on their deck. We were living near Wilmington, Delaware when we both lost our jobs (worked at the same hotel & it closed) & my husband had a job offer at a boardwalk hotel, so we took a chance and came here. No regrets at all! I never dreamed I'd be able to walk to the ocean. Well, better go get some Thrasher's Fries & Taffy, as instructed.....

#177915 - 03/23/09 07:51 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Jabber my shower as I stated would fit 3 comfortably and 4 if you squeeze closer together. They call it a garden tub because its under a huge stained glass window, is oval shaped and very large, two people could have lots of fun in there. Compared to the old days when a bathroon was almost too small for 2 people to be in at the same time, tiny shower and skinny little bathtub.

Hey, what are Thrasher french fries? Is that the business name or what?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177967 - 03/24/09 01:03 AM Re: Can I play? [Re: chatty lady]
Hevyn
Unregistered

Hi Chatty - Thrasher's French Fries has been on the boardwalk in Ocean City since 1929. They fry their potatoes in peanut oil & they have a rather distinctive taste. (Seagulls will hover over your fries as you walk along - they get alot of dropped ones.)In my opinion they really over charge - but no one seems to mind standing in long lines all summer long.

My, your garden tub sounds lovely. Must be nice to have a roomy B-Room.

#177996 - 03/24/09 01:50 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Also, about the french fries - they are served with vinegar instead of ketchup. They are my favorite junk food at the beach.

#178003 - 03/24/09 02:57 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ew...ew...ew....vinegar instead of ketchup? And you all think my sandwich of peanut butter/mayo/pineapple is strange? Helllloooo?

#178007 - 03/24/09 03:54 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Try it - vinegar and a bunch of salt. Oh my!

#178016 - 03/24/09 06:31 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
The Brits also put vinegar in their fries (or chips as they call it here). They even have salt and vinegar flavoured potato chips (crisps as they call it here). LOL! I've just done a "tomayto tomahto".

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved