The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#179417 - 04/06/09 11:08 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
As a whole and from what I have seen, this is still one of the friendliest places in cyber space because of the majority of the sweet ladies who choose to gather here. Vivala, BWS!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179462 - 04/07/09 04:46 AM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: chatty lady
So I may be outspoken in person with people but have learned that on the forum to only make nice, or else! I figure if I can't be totally honest I will just remain a "stepford" poster, taking a chance even saying this much.
And thats sad...
I'm glad you did say it, chatty, because it has proved to be true, in many cases... not all, but many. But, we grow and learn - HOPEFULLY!

#179525 - 04/07/09 05:10 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: celtic_flame]
Ellemm Offline

I don't think any of us gets to say what's exactly on her mind without consequences. Depending on your mood and 'tone' in your writing, people can either get blasted or fail to understand humor, etc. We all have to be careful lest we offend for no reason.

The only way you (general you) can get away with saying whatever you think is if you don't need to have a further relationship with your listener. That's why, if you are inclined, you can say something awful to a driver who cuts you off but will probably refrain from blistering a friend. We wade in more carefully there, even if we are asking for an apology, in order to preserve the relationship.

As to where the lines are, we have to use our common sense and gauge the reactions of others. Some people will be offended at almost anything; others say whatever is on their minds without thought. The good place is somewhere in the middle. On good days we hit it; on bad days, not so close...

#179636 - 04/08/09 03:10 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The middle of the road always seems to be a good policy, whether it's what we consume or how we act. I say, "Amen." to Ellemm's
recent post. Good job!

#179675 - 04/08/09 08:26 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: Ellemm]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Originally Posted By: Ellemm

As to where the lines are, we have to use our common sense and gauge the reactions of others.

is one of geberall problems of internet chatting verses real time chatting. Its so hard to gage the other from what thir saying, sometimes its about knowing how the other generalie acts (making exeptions for odd off days) but we get the mesure of each other over time heer, i think anyway.

If someone said something wildlie offensive to some of the women heer it take of them to point out what could or was offensive or hurtfull.
Thats weer a degree of, honesty, tactfull honestlie is usfull.

it send a message of opps hurt or offense and if the other is reading it writely they can make amends for the hurt.

the weer thre whole process and diologe is worth it if a problem showes up.

it just needs someone to say it up front for that process to begine. We can all learn from it i would think

#179693 - 04/08/09 09:55 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have an idea, who agrees or not, that when over the phone or the internet there is no way for the other party to see body language and/or facial expressions, so sometimes they don't get the meaning of our words, not really.

I tend to show all my emotion in my face/eyes. But when someone can't see me I can hide those feeling almost totally. Sometimes just by keeping my voice monitone, no one has a clue what I am really thinking or feeling. I too have the same reaction when someone is talking to me via phone or cyberspace. We literally remain a mystery.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179744 - 04/09/09 01:33 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
We're all rather incognito on the net; perhaps that makes us
braver. Both WB and I are quiet in person. And as you know
I mouth off a lot on here. Maybe because we're not face to face,
makes that doable. Just thinking out loud!

#180796 - 04/24/09 05:08 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

i wholehartidly agree chatty .....over the phone mostlie we can tell if someones smiling or not, changes voice tone, we pick up ironie and sarcasum and all the sub level parts of conversasion thats not about bady language.

heer However we totalie totalie at the some times mercy of the reader, sometimes all they see is thir owen interpritasion of what they think we have said not we we have actulie said.

one thing i learned heer is to say bla bla bla is what i though you ment when you said xyz becouse i picked up stuff wrong heer and its not just about my dislexia its probablie a rushed response to a post weer words haven't been chosen with the uttmost care. Who got time to ponder all our responses to all post we write.

#180798 - 04/24/09 05:13 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

i know in some chatt rooms people eihther be totalie diffrent from how they are in real life.........kinda road rage of writting lol.

i stay away from chat rooms becouse of it, thrir even to much for me! and have been for over 7-8 yrs.

Oh about 10 yrs ago i re-meet poppie in a chat room, incrediable i iknow-i meet her in real life and while i was talking to her i had that your familure feeling. Took about 1 yr for me to be reintraduced in the real life and come closer to her....then i asked her and it was her chat name and what was happening in her life at that time....it was a GLOBAL chat room. Strange i reallie rembered it probablie becouse one of few nice people i had meet lol.

ANYWAY...... what i wanted to say was show nme weer you given off women! i missed that one lol. (and i am being seriouse)

#180810 - 04/24/09 06:14 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I like this type of forum better too, celtic.

The women that I've met in person from BWS are just like they are here in thr forums; very true to themselves.

Did you say you met poppie in a chat room before meeting her in person?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved