The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#177197 - 03/15/09 10:49 PM Are you outspoken in the real world?
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Are you outspoken in public in the real world? I am talking about with strangers or clerks, places where you may find yourself having to stand up for yourself against an injustice or explain a problem with a product or service?

Sometimes we are different on line than we are out in the world. My sister, for example is much tamer on line that in person. She will pop off at clerks who are inept in her opinion and will defend herself against any corporation that she feels is messing her about in a hot second.

I am the same. I am very outspoken in the real world, not always mad, as often I am outgoing to strangers in a friendly way. I almost introduce myself or am called by my name somewhere every time I go out and I live in a city of one million.

How about you?

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#177207 - 03/15/09 11:51 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: dancer9]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I'm just the opposite from your sister, Dancer. I'm tame in the
real world and mouthy here. And I don't know why. For me,
writing is a release of pent up emotions. So I guess that's why.
Verbally, I'm intraverted. And I don't know why??? I am friendly
to strangers, however. I always smile and talk to strangers.

#177210 - 03/15/09 11:56 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Me, I am exactly the same no matter where I may be..."What you see is what you get!"

Of course out in public there is no one deleting what I say.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177213 - 03/16/09 12:01 AM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I am mild-mannered generally, but don't anyone push my buttons! LOL I am usually good at standing up for myself or for making myself heard on injustices. If I feel strongly about something, I will speak up, but I have also learned to choose my battles carefully.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#177231 - 03/16/09 06:50 AM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: yonuh]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Very much so. To a certain extent, only because we're non-verbal here, I speak in much the same "tone" in person as I do here.

#177233 - 03/16/09 09:36 AM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I'm outspoken. But when I feel uncomfortable, even when I know I am in in the right, I usually keep my thoughts to myself. In the long run it saves my nerves.

If we have difficult clients, I gladly hand that part over to my Hubby. I can get so unnerved and just begin to sputter. Not good.

#177236 - 03/16/09 10:11 AM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Originally Posted By: chatty lady

Of course out in public there is no one deleting what I say.

i this me giggle hard chattie, i thik i sometimes need delated occasionalie i the real world smile as i been ocasionalie delated heer i think

#177237 - 03/16/09 10:23 AM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

i am as frednlie heer as i am in real world.

i am also as outspoken as i am in real world. I think in same type of way, i will say i am unpeset then move on with it, its not about holding grudjies its just about being verbal.
so i gess yep i just as gobie in real world as i am heer lol.

I do stand up for people or am outraged by same things that upset me and has me mouthing off.

i don't reallie say "golie gosh" or "opps goodness", i have some stronger verbal bits in real life but that it thats my area were i am not me and that me just not wrighting swear words. Or anything explitive that refaires to God.

such as "oh for Gods sakes", which is a common thing to say heer to express frustrasion or commonality of oppinion. Or a scottish one "in the name of the wee man" means the same thing, reallie.

i do probabilie talk as much heer as in the real world lol which is good and bad at same time eh!

i write in same manner as i talk too. i am certine at lest i feel as if i have expresed myself in same way. Whats not undeerstood by me and can't be unless someone answeres me directlie back is how i am recived or understood, sometimes i miss seeing faces and bodie language.

its poppie who asked me loads "are you being sarcastic sying that" (when talking to her) which makes me laugh becouse i seldome use sarcasim in real life, which she knows.

I am direct and to the point with positive stuff and negative stuff too aften in one two lines, so i think i take longer conversasional tunres heer that i don't do in real life. I think i trying to get most of what i feel in to a post, boy do they get long!

#177238 - 03/16/09 10:26 AM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

lola

in manie ways you are the same heer as from when i talked to you.

your posts are shorter than in real life smile

one thing heer we sometimes get to hear see your humer or mistchef, but in real life your much more humerise and can hear the mischef in you lol.

thats about the onlie big diffrense, not that you asked my oppinion mind you smile

#177254 - 03/16/09 01:02 PM Re: Are you outspoken in the real world? [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I think I'm the same. As moderator, I sometimes have to step out of my comfort zone and confront. I can't stand it in real life, nor can I stand it here. However, I do it in both places because if I feel strongly about something, I have a very hard time keeping my mouth or fingers shut. Good question.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved