The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 95 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#173367 - 02/02/09 12:37 PM Re: Valentine's Day... [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I bought "A" and her parents, my mother, Hubby and me tickets to see Holiday on Ice in Muenich on Valentine's Day.
Can't wait to see my granddaughter's face light up when she sees the princesses glide over the ice. Who am I kidding;...I love Holiday on Ice too. Any other fans out there?

#173372 - 02/02/09 12:53 PM Re: Valentine's Day... [Re: Edelweiss3]
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Chatty, I don't think that's selfish at all. We all have to do what is best for us, and if old memories are painful, why do something to bring them up to the surface? Do you have any other unattached girlfriends that you could have dinner with that night? And if you don't want to go out, maybe cook in and watch some funny movies?

What surprises (and aggravates me) are the girlfriends I have who will go out with "anybody" on that day, just so they have a date. One friend in particular pretty much despises the man she will be seeing that weekend, but he's "better than nothing." IMHO, that reflects badly on our gender, to use someone in that way.

Holiday on Ice sounds fantastic! It's been many years since I've seen one of those show, but I do remember how much I enjoyed the performances. I hope you all have a great time!

Oh, remember the friend I said I was a bit jealous of, the one who had met the guy at the car place? Well, she got two dozen red roses delivered to her office last week. They also plan to fly out of state for a romantic Valentine's weekend. And I'm wondering if I'm even going to get a card. Oh well, life "is" entertaining, isn't it? LOL...

Whirlwind

#174123 - 02/09/09 07:33 PM Re: Valentine's Day... [Re: Whirlwind]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i heared that on the radio today valentines day was best night o go 0ut on if looking for a date as most cupples are being very cosy out or most of all snuggled at thome!

sp many people who are single are out with frends and lots of singles meet each other. Ever heared of this happening?

#174143 - 02/09/09 10:26 PM Re: Valentine's Day... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I will most probably be staying home with Reeta and Rosee, who turned 11 years old today. Happy Birthday my angels!!!

I will call my mom and we will sit and chat for an hour, laugh and act crazy, Thats good enough for me, the only thing better would be being with her in person. She is my wink Valentine...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174171 - 02/10/09 02:50 AM Re: Valentine's Day... [Re: chatty lady]
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
If my mom were still alive, I'd be spending it with her too. What a nice idea Chatty, to talk with you mom on that special day.

I mailed the musical card today, because "guy friend" is going to be working out of town doing a training class next weekend.

I saw the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" last Saturday night. I've got to say, it was a real eye-opener.

The girlfriend I went with, we had a great time. At dinner afterwards, as we were discussing our men, we'd talk about a particular circumstance, then we'd howl "He's just not that into us!" That is definately our new catch phrase for awhile.

Seriously though, if there is any truth to that movie at all (and it is based on the book of the same title), we females worry about all of this way too much.

If a guy wants to talk to us, or see us, or be with us, he will find a way to do it. If he's not that into us, he won't. Took me 50 years to realize the truth in that. But hey, better late than never, isn't that right?

If I don't at least get a card from the guy, he's history. Because "he's just not that into me."

:-)

Whirlwind

#174189 - 02/10/09 01:15 PM Re: Valentine's Day... [Re: Whirlwind]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Whirlwind, I just posted about looking forward to seeing that movie in another forum. I read the book and got a kick out of it. There's so much truth in that book. And it all seems so easy to understand while reading about it, but boy do grils/women make it complicated.

I can picture you and your friend laughing at dinner. NIce visual. Thanks for sharing. Was it the friend you've been telling us about? If so, I'm guessing she's thinking he IS that into her!

#174210 - 02/10/09 03:40 PM Re: Valentine's Day... [Re: Dotsie]
JackieG Offline

I want to see this film too, I have been reading about the film version of "He's just not that into you" for a while in the press building it up and I hope to see it soon, it sounds really funny with a lot of truth. You know the guy who wrote the book for this also wrote for the TV series "Sex and the City"...

#174259 - 02/10/09 10:23 PM Re: Valentine's Day... [Re: JackieG]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A woman wrote the Sex and the City book, named Candice Bushnell and her character Miranda on the TV series used that phrase years ago. It stuck in my mind back then and now they are using it again in this new book.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174279 - 02/11/09 03:47 AM Re: Valentine's Day... [Re: chatty lady]
JackieG Offline

Hi Chatty, I know that Candice wrote the book "Sex and the City", but I was talking about the TV series that was on HBO, Candice may have been a contributor writer on the series, but the guy who wrote the book "I'm just not that into you" also wrote for the TV series "Sex and the city" - I know this because he was on Oprah talking about the book a while back...

#174360 - 02/12/09 02:00 AM Re: Valentine's Day... [Re: JackieG]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i have been invited to a local biker club "do" in one of our local pubs, generallie a nice time had by all . so tghats my valentines day and i looking forwared to it lol.
(rember uk and usa bikers are very very diffrent)

id love to see that movie too, as i have enjoyed the trallers but i still think its ll stuff we know alreadie but getting a good look at ourselfs and the sillie stuff thats done is very entertaining to me anyway smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved