The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#162593 - 10/14/08 11:18 AM Re: Possible Great News! The Mayo Clinic Called [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anno, wow, what a roller coaster. Looking forward to hearing the results of the next test with you.

#162640 - 10/14/08 08:26 PM Re: Possible Great News! The Mayo Clinic Called [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
It feels as if we are living this with you. I'm counting on hearing even more good news... take care. We love you.

#162660 - 10/14/08 10:37 PM Re: Possible Great News! The Mayo Clinic Called [Re: gims]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I want to first say, how much I miss all of you. I was able to spend so much time here, last spring and this summer, and now I am barely able to find the time to respond to all of your kid and loving words.

Yes, good news was given to us, but I am taking it in with caution. Dennis is still very ill, we just don't know the name of his problem. I want to believe that he will be here with me FOREVER!, but I need to ground myself in realism, too.

Meredith, I think you are right on. I am so blessed to have so much love to share with someone that loves me, too. Miracle, or hard work, or just plain luck - I do feel blessed.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#162665 - 10/14/08 11:14 PM Re: Possible Great News! The Mayo Clinic Called [Re: Anno]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Anno

Goodness, what a roller coaster ride you are on. This is one of those times when I wish I something pithy and powerful to say...and what I *can* say is you are in my prayers, as is Dennis and his doctors. I am praying they are wise and talented and thoughtful and compassionate and filled with Spirit.

It is never easy to see someone we love suffering, is it? Know you are loved and cared for, always.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#162672 - 10/15/08 12:25 AM Re: Possible Great News! The Mayo Clinic Called [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Anno, come in when you can, but know we're right there at the grocery store with you, right there at the test, wherever...

Your blog keeps our connection strong and I thank you kindly for taking the time to write it.

What a book it is going to make.

#162691 - 10/15/08 02:41 AM Re: Possible Great News! The Mayo Clinic Called [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Anno, from you last post here, it sounds like you were brought together for a reason. Sounds corny, I know, but no doubt. I hope your forever is indeed forever...and ever

#162712 - 10/15/08 08:27 AM Re: Possible Great News! The Mayo Clinic Called [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I just read that you are planning to go to London again with Dennis?

Well now you know what to expect and you know the ropes, so to speak. I’m amazed how you do all this. Wonder woman comes to mind. Anyway I think it is wonderful to look forward to something, and it may be the best medicine Dennis could have. No no, wait; the best medicine is YOU.

#162795 - 10/15/08 11:08 PM Re: Possible Great News! The Mayo Clinic Called [Re: Edelweiss2]
Anno Offline

You are all so sweet. I love each of you!

Yes, we are going to visit my sister and BIL in London, again. We are also going to get a hotel in Central London - and we plan on meeting up with Poppie and Lola, again. Anyone else want to join us?

Dennis' love of travel is equal to my own. While it wears the heck out of him to travel, he lives for it. He also knows it is so important for me and he will do almost anything to ensure that I get my needs met.

So travel, while tons of work, keeps us happy.

I am not a wonder woman. I am only doing what each of you would do, were the circumstances the same. And that is the truth.

#162847 - 10/16/08 12:06 PM Re: Possible Great News! The Mayo Clinic Called [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anno, you are such an inspriation, and so is Dennis. I admire both of you for continuing to live fully in the midst of his illness. London? That's fantastic. So glad that travel also gives you something grand to look forward to. That's so important.

#171700 - 01/17/09 03:13 PM Re: Possible Great News! The Mayo Clinic Called [Re: Dotsie]
Anno Offline

More new news! And great news, at that.

Next week Dennis and I are headed to the Mayo Clinic for one more test. This is the radio=active test I mentioned earlier. We were scheduled for December, but Dennis decided he wanted more time to consider the test. We are hoping this test will rule out Shy-Drager and thereby remove his death sentence.

In addition, the nuerologist and his team, that heads up this research, has decided that Dennis will be one of the 5 patients each year that they see outside of this particular research.

We have an appointment on January 27 and we have been told to pack for up to 10 days. We may be sent home on the 27th, may be put into a hotel, or Dennis may be admitted to the hospital for closer observation.

Hold onto your hats, gals. I believe I may be innundating you with lots of news over the next two weeks.

Love to you all.

Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved