The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#168232 - 12/19/08 06:44 PM Re: thanks for the rep [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh gosh...I don't have a clue. To me, ketchup is a staple, so I'm not the one to ask. But maybe one of the other boomers here can chime in? Hey, I like fish sticks...so you don't want to go on my advice! LOL!

#168240 - 12/19/08 07:39 PM Re: thanks for the rep [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
All this talk about fish is filling me up to the gills with puns. Someone restrain meeeeeeeeee!!!

#168245 - 12/19/08 08:09 PM Re: thanks for the rep [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ladies try this recipe for any kind of fish you might like:

Place fish in aluminum foil boats, then on top of each fish place a couple pats of butter, then chop very fine, green peppers, a roma tomato and an onion and layer each fish. Also add a slice of your favorite cheese, I use mild baby swiss.
Add salt and pepper and seal into the foil boats.

For larger fish, place the boats into oven for about an hour at 325* on a cookie sheet. Smaller fish like Talipia cook for half an hour.

Make your rice or potato on the side then open the foil, carefully, it will be steaming hot. Add fresh squeezed lemon on top and enjoy.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168248 - 12/19/08 08:22 PM Re: thanks for the rep [Re: jabber]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Actually, one of the things I was told is that if a fish tastes/smells fishy, it is actually old/no good. It has taken me eons to try things like salmon and other "non fishy" fish dishes. And I've learned that the really good stuff doesn't taste fishy...gee, those folks weren't fudging me after all (grin). Being a good ole Midwestern gal, I want meat, red preferably! Smile

Although I mostly choose those two now, I've also had cod which is quite delicate in flavor.

Don't know if ya'll have Trader Joe's around your area ... it is my favoritist place to shop! They have a series of sauces and tapenades that make great, simple, easy-to-fix dishes. Toss the main dish (fish, chicken, shrimp) in a baking pan, pour one of the sauces on top, bake and voila, a meal fit for a queen!

I've tried many of the sauces and have two extra favorites: the Mojito sauce and the Curry sauce.

Another simple dish is to soften a block of cream cheese (if you can eat dairy, of course!) and shape it into a round. Pour a jar of red pepper or olive tapenade on top, surround with yummy crackers and your guests (or you!) have a very tasty treat that is less than $8 US including all the components. Here in Chicago, the sauces are less than $3 US per jar. It serves quite a few people and is always a hit when we take it to our church potlucks or have company.

And I like easy, even though I'm actually a good cook!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved