The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 135 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#16840 - 01/07/06 11:10 AM Re: I can use some HELP!!!!
Lin Offline

Loc: Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Prepare your menu for each day, including beverages and snacks and check them off as you eat them. Make sure they fit within whatever diet you are following. It will accomplish two things, you will stick to your plan and since you are concentrating on eating everything on the list, you won't tend to stray away from it.

#16841 - 01/07/06 06:15 PM Re: I can use some HELP!!!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Never, ever, ever, eat standing up, like at the kitchen counter. Sit down and eat your meals. Don't rush yourself. If you do, your mind will tell you that you need to eat again since the first "session" didn't really register. I swear it will happen! Not only that, but you need to be IN THE MOMENT when you eat. You need to see and be aware of what is goig into your mouth.

You also might see if you are eating out of a need to reward yourself, comfort yourself, or something else, instead of just nourishment.

JJ

#16842 - 01/08/06 03:22 AM Re: I can use some HELP!!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My worst enemy is the TV set. I'm fine if i'm on the computer writing or sitting at the table reading a good book like JJ's but once that boob tube goes on my mouth opensand my saliva glands begin making moisture (mouth waters) for anything to eat. Since on a good eating plan (not diet) I eat as JJ says and NOT in front of the telly. It really works and I eat less and enjoy it more....

#16843 - 01/10/06 11:31 PM Re: I can use some HELP!!!!
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Chatty-One thing I do-and am doing right now-is that I've changed the channel to a Christian music station. It helps me to relax and makes me not so bored to where I want to eat a lot. I guess, if you think about it, the TV is constant screen changing and constant action and so it's easy for the body and mind to want to do something to try to keep up with the busyness of the action on TV so we'll eat to try to catch up. But, something like music that goes from upbeat to relaxing to upbeat and so on, can give us a chance to realize we don't have to try to keep up with it. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's what I just came to the conclusion of. Also, I pop a piece of gum in sometimes to help take the sweet tooth moment away. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but hey it's worth a shot!! LOL

#16844 - 01/11/06 12:08 AM Re: I can use some HELP!!!!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I love to munch on something sweet while I watch tv also. Recently I took up knitting and that keeps my hands busy as I sit. Even if that desire comes on, I just keep on knitting so I can finish what I'm working on and do something else.

Daisygirl

#16845 - 01/11/06 10:14 PM Re: I can use some HELP!!!!
cartwheel Offline

Loc: Washington state
Shop only on the outer perimeters of the grocery store. Stay out of the ilses.

#16846 - 01/12/06 03:18 AM Re: I can use some HELP!!!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
cartwheel, my sister told me this advice a couple years ago. It's the best advice. When the kids leave home, I am going to try very hard to live by it. For now, I'm using them as my excuse. [Razz]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved