The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#168515 - 12/22/08 02:20 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: ]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi MustangGal

The most recent series I read of Mercedes Lackey is the "Elemental Masters" ....I don't know of any with horses, I'm sorry to say.

And if you get me a description of the book you mentioned, I'll see what I can do to find the author for you. My DH is a walking sci-fi encyclopedia, so I'm guessing he can figure it out!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#168560 - 12/22/08 08:41 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Mama Red]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
hellow seek

i am a celt (scot) 2 nd generasion italions, a little spanish a litlle french, a little tinie bit english a little bit gypsie or travellors as more commonlie called heer lol.

so thats both sides of my parents familie done but i was born in scotland so i am still a celt.

Spiritualitie typical non christion but understand and am at peace with christianitie and you won''t have ladies bashing you into being christions heer and if they do then someone hads a wee word with them as iv seen it happen and we all learn a bit more. More importantlie don't worrie your gonna be discriminated agenst i am sure most )in my experinses) will respect you as much as you respect them and it won't all hinge on pathways to the devine.

I intresting in thigs spiritual and emotional too and undertook the healing stuff to do with those areas, i am a reickie teacher/master and also teacher master to the femine form of that energie schechime (eygeption), councelling and psychology and hypnotheripie that type of thing so i sure we have loads to chat about.

I am also dyslexic and keep meaning to redowenload mozila to spell cheek my stuff so i much better talking face to face than typing screen to screen. so stick with me untill i get my stuff together to dowenload this lol manie will be relived (shuuuu!)

I am a mimmie of a wee nearlie 5 yr old boy i don't clean my house enough and chatt to long but i am living my life a nice way.

i certinlie wase't put off by your post and enjoyed your open frenkness so welcome enjoy your holidays and hope to be chatting like mad with you soon. oh i don't mind a healthie livlie debate as long as it is healthie and livlie lol.

i come and go on the forums so if your adressing me and i don't answere feel free to draw my attension to it via pm and i certinlie jump in again for a chatt on whatever your talking about.

we all seem like a jumbvle of names but soon you'll tell us apart , well the regulares and see our owen personalities likes and dislickes etc.
have fubn while thats happening and don't forgett you can start topics up too smile

#168629 - 12/23/08 05:34 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: celtic_flame]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
thank you, celtic for introducing yourself. on the racism thread, i asked about your heritage and had not seen this yet.

my celtic input is scotch, irish and welsh, apparently (the latter is rumored not confirmed). i identify greatly with celtic women . . .communion with the earth, affinity with the animals, etc. i am also a fan of the weather.

i am also a reiki "master," although i hold that title lightly. i don't identify with being a master. let's just say i have reiki.

i have been discriminated against by "christian" women before . . . both in "real" life, and online. some people have a low tolerance for what they see as "alternative" beliefs. many people do not understand that there are many different paths to the divine.

one of the christian beliefs that causes so much trouble is the one that says that members are supposed to recruit other people into their religion . . . so they feel compelled to do so and justified in doing so. when i think of missionaries i cry for the lost cultural heritages. but enough of that for now.

i look forward to interacting with you. what is the time difference, i wonder?
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#168631 - 12/23/08 07:45 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: seek]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Seek, welcome to this wonderful place!!

#168633 - 12/23/08 07:54 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: diamond50]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hello all Newbies.

I have been away for quite awhile, but wanted to give you a big hearty welcome.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#168639 - 12/23/08 11:27 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i whole understand and identifie with the anxietie that your gonna be picked on regarding religion or no religion and it could happen heer if it dose pm dotsie straight away and she work with you and whomever to bring about an understanding and mutule respect for each others belifes.

the big chat i had after introducing myself was one on religion. I have a son at school and dominent religion is christianitie i have no other choice than to send him to such schools.

I don't wanna directlie contradict what he's being touch as this be too confusing for him but i do broden his perspectve on the subjict with "and thats what some people belive" Then introduce other type of organised and non organised religions to his thinking. I think one of the best things i can teach my wee one is the abilitie to question, the world and its perseptions full stop.

The other is respect ther religon as youd want them to respect yours (whatever his will eventulie be) for me just to work within his guidlines but broden them at same time. That was some of the stuff that i gained from that inicale chatt of how do i deal with my son and what he's gonna be touchte

Anyway So that was my big chat when first heer and i made some christion frrens through it as i respected them and found they loved and respected me,while carriing the central tenent of christianitie which is love all others christions being christions in other words not bigeted bullies. which had also been a rough and damagin experiense, so the frendships i made in fact perhapps even undone some of the rough edjes that weer created by being buffeted by fundemental fervern christions assuming and telling me id burn in hell for my practice and then my lifestyle lol. Those good women are still frends today and i meet them heer! I was defensive of myself naturalie but was becomming close to being predigist agenst christians which had crept up unconsiouslie and certinlie not what i had wanted to happen within me, i was becommin close to being a hypiocrite.

I will swap the word god to godess to devine power or anything els that takes my fanciy at the time. I think the others heer know i just swapping words we all call the same sacred energie or consiousness.

I hope you meet some of the same people and feel cherished and supported also. Again if descriminasion dose occure then state your stanse but also pm dostsie and tell her, i have faith in her judgement and she genuinlie wants us ALL to be supported. We all learn from each other and who knows what you will learn and who knows who you will teach.

enjoy your time, debate with the debaters and have tea with the tea partie people as you called them as they all have a value and a lot to give while still being themselfs.

this place can be a rich and rewarding through provoking place. My owen mind has been changed about some things and i have witness others mind being changed as they gone to a diffrent level of understanding.

i am sure we find out more about each other as we go along and ya get to know a lot of the women heer.

good luck. smile

#168643 - 12/23/08 12:16 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
celtic, what a lovely post. I appreciate your words on the spirit of BWS. I also like your comment on lives and minds being changed as a result of being here. I know I'm more compassionate due to reading the life expereinces of BWS women. Here we get to know the hearts of women. I believe the hearts of the women here are in the right place; a place to share honestly.

#168647 - 12/23/08 12:39 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Dotsie]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
celtic -- I love what you wrote. But more than that, I love that I can hear your brogue? accent? in it by the way you sound out the words you write and want to encourage you NOT to use spell check as you've said you will do. Forgive me for saying so.

#168688 - 12/23/08 07:06 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: DJ]
seek Offline

thank you, everyone who has commented for your advice and support. i guess i wanted to "lay it on the line" because i don't want to be blindsighted and i want people to know who i am so there are no assumptions, re: religious beliefs. i have never noticed before the internet that christianity was so prevalent in the u.s. . . . i know that sounds dumb . . .but most people whom i meet on a daily basis do not preach to me or i am not aware of their beliefs. and i had read a study that not so many people go to church . . . and in the neighborhoods i have lived in, most people i know do not go to church. but online there the beliefs seem to come out and there is often an assumtption that everyone shares those beliefs.

it bothers me from a couple of different perspectives . . . one is the fact that supposedly america was founded on the idea of relgious freedom. i always took that literally. i didn't understand the nuance that it pretty much was to defend against the church of england but was interpreted that people could creat their own religious sects. i have always wondered why there are thousands of christian denominations . . . some that only differ over very seemingly insignificant differences. but now i see that as an interpretation of the idea of religious freedom.

it irks me that some religions in the u.s. are so marginalized. buddhists, etc.

it was not until the bush administration that i came to see that the u.s. is a christian nation. i didn't realize that before because i was concentrating on the idea of religious freedom.

i did a doctoral dissertation (uncompleted) which educated me a lot on this subject and truthfully sickened me to the point that i could not finish it.

lest this sounds terribly negative towards christians, let me just say that i was raised christian and the ideas that christians would be christ-like in their actions would be very appealing, but you don't see that much (or i don't). if everyone were accepting and loving then there would be no problem. the problems i have are with the incongruities . . . using god to win from football games to wars. and the horrible things that "the church" has done during the inquisition, etc. the burning of "witches" did not endear me to "the church," especially when the "witches" were indigenous females using the abundance of the earth to help feed and heal their families. that has all been lost. the love of the earth and the use of herbs to heal and enrich lives.

and i even had to work hard to untwist the propaganda that "witches" and "satan" seem to be intermingled in the church propaganda. people say "devil worshipper" and apply that to "witches," and the "witches" i am talking about are european women who learned mid-wifery, cooking, medicinal uses of herbs, etc. to nurture their families. that is a far cry from devil. but as i understand it, they became too powerful and "the church" felt threatned and decided to burn them. that was a holocaust that no one talks about or really even seems to care much about. i have heard the numbers were millions of women slaughtered.

i feel bad bringing this up because i do not wish to cause hard feelings, but i think the issue of racism and mysogeny is related to a larger issue of patriarchal rule.

i think the celts had much indigenous wisdom and i wonder what their take is on the witch burning, et al and how they think about that now.

i am also curious if the indigenous, ancient religions have survived or if they have been completely forgotten and overruled by "the church."
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

#168691 - 12/23/08 07:27 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: seek]
seek Offline

another thing i want to say about myself is that i do not like private, hateful messages. if a person has something to say to me, i would rather hear it "in public."

i understand that i write about issues that are charged and that there may be misinterpretations or strong reactions to my words. i will do my absolute best to be respectful.

i do not appreciate being told to shut up. i am an idealistic person and when i was growing up, i was taught that america was a land where there was equal opportunity, religious freedom, and that freedom of speech was held in high esteem. i was also taught to "think critically" (this is before public schools became so inept and politically correct). we were encouraged to debate and to support our arguments. it was considered that a person was intelligent if they could argue a subject. and this type of debating had nothing to do with bullying or abusing someone, but just talking about ideas and challenging the ideas of others. it was considered educational and good fun.

now that has all changed and if you raise an issue that people don't like, they take it personally, get hurt feelings, try to attack you, and then try to shut you up. i have seen this over and over again. you get accused of "ruining everything," as if talking about issues is hurts people's denial systems. there are problems . . . there are things to work out. everything is not hunky-dory. some people care enough to want to talk about things. those who don't wish to talk about political things do not have to. no one is forcing them into the fray where these "negative" issues are being discussed.

i don't pay any attention to threads that hold no interest to me. why would i? and why do other people feel compelled to go into a thread they do not like, just to shut the people up who are discussing a subject? i will never understand that.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved