The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#168394 - 12/21/08 05:53 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Mama Red]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome Seek. You certainly sound like a very interesting individual and I am curious as to how you're going to respond to some of the forums. The women here, from my point-of-view, come here to find a place for the meeting-of-the hearts and minds of others...for support/advice/venting/humor/kindredship...the best part of BWS is that there's no bashing of one's feelings here...it's a safe place to fall when the world around us is going to pieces. So, welcome to the best place on the internet...and jump right in...and JJ is correct...don't take offense if you don't get responses or if they're slow-coming. All is meant well by everyone here for the most part.

#168397 - 12/21/08 06:22 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Dee]
Deborahmce Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Hi Seek...from one noob to another...my take so far in the posts I've read here is that I sense not only a respect but also a desire for all the richness and diversity that make up Boomer Women...after all...that's what makes our generation unique...ain't life grand???

#168398 - 12/21/08 06:41 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Mama Red]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
wow! everyone who responded seems so candid and genuine. thanks for all the welcomes.

great points about where a person is coming from in their own lives. i think often we don't know that about people . . . what challenges they may be facing and it does impact everything so it is good to know.

and i also wish everyone who responded all of the best and i look forward to getting to know you.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#168401 - 12/21/08 07:40 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: seek]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Seek, a belated welcome! Considering your diversity, do you by chance read science fiction?

#168402 - 12/21/08 07:50 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: ]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
hi mg: no, sorry. i tried as a teen, but only got as far as l.ron hubbard (funny now) and kurt vonnegut and i don't think that counts much!

i am more into non-fiction than fiction, as a general rule.

can you give me a link to a thread where you discuss your interest in science fiction? i would like to read about it.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#168403 - 12/21/08 08:13 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: seek]
MustangGal
Unregistered

hey, seek, don't have a link; yet, i'm hooked on Stephen Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

#168405 - 12/21/08 08:39 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: ]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hey MG..I've primarily been into non-fiction (especially bios) most of my life. My second husband was a sci-fit "nut" who helpe me find genres I might enjoy (up to that time, the only thing I had read was "Stranger in a Strange Land"). Now I'm married once again to a sci-fi "nut" who both reads (rather consumes) and writes sci-fi. Never thought I would find so much enjoyment in it and I do. In fact, the main part of our wedding ceremony was from a Merceds Lackey book (boy, did the rumours fly rampant when I said I was inviting everyone to a "joining" instead of to a "wedding"...the term was from that book and helped me get over my terror of the word "marriage"...grin).

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#168480 - 12/22/08 02:38 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Mama Red]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I've not read any of Mercedes Lackey's books, what series have you read and recommend (preverably with horses)? Considering the next Thomas Covenant books is not released until 2010, I'll have plenty of time to read her books!

As far as female sci-fe authors, I've always enjoyed Anne McCaffrey's Dragons of Pern series. Also, as a teenager, Madeleine L'Engle's Wrinkle in Time series.

A few years ago I read a book by another female author that has sinced passed. Although I can't recall her name, I'd like to discover it. Maybe if you have the time, I can give a brief synopsis and perhaps you could help me rediscover her books. I understand another female author may have stepped in and finished the series.

#168508 - 12/22/08 01:45 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Hubby likes sci-fi movies. The Twilight Zone was the only sci-fi
I ever got into. Someone on here has a signature something like
this: [Be nice to everyone you meet, you never know what they're
going through.] And IMO that is so true!

Mama Red,
You do help with all the kind words you write. Your Christmas
Card was a joy. Your posts are uplifting and supportive.
Thank you for being you!!!!
Prayers and blessings,

#168514 - 12/22/08 02:18 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: jabber]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Jabber

I'm glad that my words uplift and support...that is my intent, always! And I'm glad you enjoyed the card...it was fun making it, Although it took me a while to figure out the "how"!

Your voice on this forum is a real gift and I'm grateful I've met you!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved