The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 95 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#168247 - 12/19/08 08:18 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: seek]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Seek, there are NO cliques here to speak of. Some of us have met one another in person and have a special bond, but every woman here is loved, accepted and a part of anything she wants to be a part of. We try to have a get together every year but some have no time, some no money and some live clear across the ocean. But we do try. JJ is correct that sometimes it takes time to get to each and every post as you too will see, but hang in there because we do try. What are your plans for Christmas? Oh and I am Italian as well. Sicilian, with all the bells and whistles!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168251 - 12/19/08 08:26 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
seek,
Welcome and I appreciate your candor. I hope you find a fit in this forum and stay. I look forward to your posts.

I am also one who likes to discuss, but not to the point of hurting anyone.

We have some shared interests. I am also Italian. Hopefully we can connect on a thread or two!

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#168255 - 12/19/08 08:42 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Seek, when I first came to BWS, it was because I wanted to make deeper connections, even in the cyber realm. I'm not good at chit chat, and I am called "deep" and "serious." I've been asking JJ to clone me some of her humor gene. But now, I find myself more light hearted on BWS. So, either way, it's great to make the connections here. I like your tag line. Oh, I am Italian, 2nd generation. No 3rd to follow on this family tree. I love animals, even the tiny Preble mice that occupy our home on cold winter nights. Alas, the mice don't stand a chance with the killer Westies poking around.

#168289 - 12/20/08 04:51 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Princess Lenora]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
thanks for all of your heartfelt responses and welcomes. i look forward to getting to know all of you.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#168305 - 12/20/08 01:36 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: seek]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Welcome seek. There are wonderful boomers on this site; and, I
think you'll find kindred spirits lurking in the shadows. I'm into non-demoninational religion and freee-thinking souls. Members here are cool. Hope you enjoy the site and find what you're looking to find!

#168308 - 12/20/08 02:31 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi and welcome, Seek. This is my home-away-from-home. I suppose that these days I'm in more of a "tea party" mood. I'm passionately committed to the "caring, connecting and supporting" aspect of this site. I enjoy and celebrate the exchange of ideas and embrace evolving, both individually and as a community, but admit that currently I'm in a space where I can't handle too much heated conflict, especially if defending one's opinions ends up diminishing another person's right to their beliefs and opinions.

As a community, we're growing, evolving, learning as we go how to best embrace "unity in diversity", how to celebrate, respect and honour one another without stifling or diminishing each woman's wisdom. My personal stance is that our unique blend of history and experience has allowed each of us to pick up valuable pieces of the puzzle, and that none of us are entirely complete as long as even one little piece is missing.

Sometimes we do get tangled up in conflict, but I think that listening and learning more about each other just makes us stronger, and hopefully more compassionate toward each other in the long run.

(Maya Angelou)

#168315 - 12/20/08 06:23 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Eagle Heart]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
thanks for your welcomes! very generous considering my introduction, which could have been off-putting!

i hope this is a place where people can agree to disagree . . . and where the occasional off-day or faux paus can be tolerated or ignored.

i like the metaphor of the puzzle, where everyone has a place, and each viewpoint is welcome.

i have a world view that says that all of the voices need to be expressed and that there is a space where they can be heard.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#168346 - 12/20/08 11:32 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: seek]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I should probably clarify that my tendency to withdraw from heated discussion/conflict at this time is solely because my personal life is so full of stressful situations right now, so I just have to bow out (wimp out?) when things get too overwhelming (here or anywhere). But that doesn't mean I agree or disagree or don't care, it just means I'm probably having a tough day and can't muster the energy to delve any deeper. This too shall pass.

I do love diversity of thought, and am especially drawn to spiritual diversity, and am also passionate about creating safe places and "sacred ground" for all voices to be heard.

I also believe that every woman who steps over this cyber-threshold is meant to be here and brings wisdom and gifts that we all need to continue healing, learning and evolving forward.

(Maya Angelou)

#168385 - 12/21/08 03:53 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
seek,
Like Eagle, I too, have huge problems in my personal life and am sort of fragile. I know. Heartache on top of heartache tends to weaken one's spunk. I do, however, appreciate other viewpoints. Should I not see eye-to-eye with another's opinion that's cool. But IMO we learn by example and by listening 'n evaluating different folk's ideas. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and good luck in all you do!

Edited by jabber (12/21/08 03:55 PM)

#168388 - 12/21/08 04:02 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: jabber]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Oh Jabber, I so hear the use of the term "fragile"...I am too and am only just beginning to realize that. I've been labeled "strong" all my life and felt that had to be truth and I worked to live that way, which, in actuality, ended up making me even more fragile. And given my "sturdy" physique (there, I found a nice way to describe my physical being...guffaw), I most certainly don't LOOK fragile. My DH has only recently begun to realize how truly fragile AND strong I am and begun to accept that that is the persona he is both attracted to and frightened of.

Take care of yourself girl...and do let me know if there is anything I can do to support you!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved