The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#16696 - 03/29/05 08:28 AM For boomer weight watchers
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
We've always known that fruits and veggies are good to stay healthy and fight obesity. Here are a few easy tips I learned:

[Smile] -Substituting a meal with cabbage salad helps to stay slim.
[Razz] -Ripe tomatoes for breakfast (early AM )help reduce weight if done consistently for 2-3 months.
[Cool] -Also, celery makes the body burn more calories than what it gives, so it's great for weight watchers!

[Big Grin] Happy weight watching [Big Grin] !

#16697 - 03/28/05 10:06 PM Re: For boomer weight watchers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It seems to be a regular pastime these days and I don't like it one little bit.

Thanks for the good information, especially after a day of eating! Easter!

#16698 - 03/29/05 01:42 AM Re: For boomer weight watchers
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Those tips are a great reminder. I too need the reminder after Easter baskets!

I even had raw veggies for lunch today. Yumm!

#16699 - 03/29/05 03:37 AM Re: For boomer weight watchers
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
good tips Songbird...I've taken to drinking my breakfast. V-8. I love that stuff. I've dropped 15 lbs. It sure is coming off slow, but at least my thighs stopped rubbing against each other when I walk now therefore, no more fires.

JJ

#16700 - 03/29/05 08:00 AM Re: For boomer weight watchers
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Songbird by cabbage salad do you mean coleslaw?

That V-8 juiced is soooo good for you too JJ. I love the stuff and buy the low sodium. It seems to me that slower weight loss seems to stay gone more than when you drop it too fast.

Dotsie hang in there, weight loss is ongoing and everlasting for us all.

#16701 - 03/30/05 08:09 AM Re: For boomer weight watchers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jawjaw, congrats! That's quite an accomplishment. The thought of the fire makes me squirm.

Chatty, I know I sound like a whiner, but until the past few years I never had to think twice about what I ate. I guess I should count my blessings that I didn't have to battle this all my life. Yup...counting blessings changes my perspective!

#16702 - 03/29/05 10:14 PM Re: For boomer weight watchers
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
JJ: Congratulations! I love the V-8 juice and also buy the low sodium kind. I'll have the same problem if I don't watch my weight. So I guess I better stick to eating wisely [Big Grin] .

Chatty: I don't think it refers to coleslaw, the mayo is not good for anyone trying to loose wheight. I believe it's just cabbage as the main ingredient, or even just plain cabbage. But the artilce I read said "cabbage salad".

Dots: I agree with you. It's a blessing not to deal with counting calories every single day of your life! [Wink] Not all of us had it that way. [Smile]

[Big Grin] I'm planning to have some cabbage today!!! [Big Grin]

[ March 29, 2005, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved