The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 51 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#16464 - 10/01/04 10:09 PM Re: Fall clothes
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sweet September gone forever...lalapaloosa, same here...

What about this diet stuff? I hate the word diet! First it's a Four letter word and I don't particularly like the first 3 letters.

I don't particularly like the 3 letter word FAT either!

And this South beach thing ?? They probably make ya eat sand right? I'd end up with bladder stones.
More weight!

So far I've been on the "All you can eat diet and the infamous seefood diet (everything I see, I eat)"...Yeah, Yeah I know U heard em all. Humor me , I'm still reading posts from two years ago, so's I don't repeat stuff!

The last time I lost, I was in the tub washing my hair under the faucet and my tummy looked like a momma dog who just had a litter of pups!

Dieting makes me cranky and crazy. I become a Liar and better yet A Thief!

Ok, y'all have convinced me. Knock Knock Dotsie, I want in!

But I AINT gonna exercise...

#16465 - 10/02/04 04:18 AM Re: Fall clothes
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
went out to lunch with my daughter and granddaughter at Ruby Tuesday's and guess what!!?? They have low carb meals with MASHED CAULIFLOWER!!! It was a delicious meal. I had some kind of fish with some kind of sauce (alfredo maybe) with shrimp and mashed cauliflower and a vegetable. Since broccoli does not make my tummy happy, I had creamed spinach. It was great...lots of calories, but also lots of fiber and protein and low carbs. I LOVE this diet. My waist...sigh...I missed it so!!! I oughta write a poem! I am so glad to have it back. [Razz]

#16466 - 10/02/04 09:51 AM Re: Fall clothes
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I lost an entire one-two-three-FOUR pounds this summer. You gals are making me feel like a slacker.

For the most part I eat well but my husband always buys luscious desserts that I can't resist. Right now in the house there's Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream, Starbuck's Mocha-something ice cream, Kozy Shack tapioca, flan, Belgian dark chocolate bars... you see what a challenge I have here. [Roll Eyes] OF COURSE if he didn't buy this stuff, I wouldn't eat it, right?

#16467 - 10/02/04 09:57 AM Re: Fall clothes
chickadee Offline

Be right back....
Gone for Ice cream [Embarrassed]

[ October 02, 2004, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#16468 - 10/03/04 09:22 AM Re: Fall clothes
lalapaloosa Offline

LOL....that was great chickie!!!! Makes me want some ice cream, too!!! LOL!! Merwyn isn't really sticking to his diet. Every once in a while I will catch him with Chocolate Lovers' ice cream!!! Rat fink!

#16469 - 10/03/04 09:46 AM Re: Fall clothes
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This is a little diddy I created for Sweet Lala and the discovery of her missing waist....

Today I found a treasure,
once more I have something to measure.

My top, my middle and bottom you see,
are now the size they're suppose to be.

I missed my waist most of all,
An hour glass I'm not but it feels so small.

So eat Boomer ladies and be merry,
but to lose those pounds, of carbs be wary.

#16470 - 10/04/04 05:58 AM Re: Fall clothes
lalapaloosa Offline

Chatty,
Thanks for the poem!!! It was darling and I loved it!
(I owe you a story about how I got married and I will have to call you to tell you because to write it out would take me way too long.)
I love you, Cuz,
La

#16471 - 10/04/04 05:18 PM Re: Fall clothes
Paja Offline

Loc: NC-USA
What is this diet club you all are talking about? How does it work, like what do you do to/for/with each other that makes getting normal sized again possible?
[Confused]
Thanks.

#16472 - 10/04/04 05:19 PM Re: Fall clothes
Paja Offline

Loc: NC-USA
Whoops, I think I posted in the wrong place! Did I?

#16473 - 10/04/04 08:33 PM Re: Fall clothes
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

no such thing as posting in the wrong place hon...you did fine!

If you look at the very bottom of the forum, you will see "Boomer Women Speak Diet." You have to obtain a special password for getting in and joining, but that is simply a matter of writing to Dotsie and telling her you want to join. From time to time she changes the password to keep our people who just lurk and never post.

Now, what we do is post breakfast, lunch, and supper/dinner (depending on what part of the country you're from as to what you call the third meal). This holds us accountable and you wouldn't believe how it makes you stop and think about every single thing you put in your mouth. You know you have to 'tell the girls.' They show no mercy...Oh, you also have to include snacks and drinks...ANYTHING THAT GOES INTO YOUR MOUTH.

You do not have to tell your beginning weight if you don't want to. I didn't. Otherwise, I would have had to shred everyone's tongue...ya know?

That's about it unless you all can think of something I've left out?

Hope this helps--JJ

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved