The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#162704 - 10/15/08 04:49 AM Re: Hi [Re: Princess Lenora]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Well we knew it was up for sale, BUT, she had it listed for $135,000 to start or encourage a bidding war to get anywhere near what she owes, which is closer to $300,000. It's a whole long, rather odd story... let's see if I can put it in the tiny version.... she's young, from Russia, came here, married some guy who became a prison guard (nice guy though) and when the economy turned, she, who was working mortgage deals, and being a demonstrator at grocery stores on the weekend, the FOUR houses that she bought with "little or no money down" .... well I don't know what happened exactly but I think she lost two and was getting ready to lose this one and the one that she's living in. Whew... what a run on sentence. And so... because her husband's hours got cut, she was stressed "and couldn't be nice to him" ... so they're getting a divorce, or at least that was the thing a couple of weeks ago. Last week when she called to tell me that our house sold, she said they might try counseling.

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#162705 - 10/15/08 04:53 AM Re: Hi [Re: Princess Lenora]
DreamrKate Offline

Nope, no long escrow. 30-45 days. Ugh.

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

#162706 - 10/15/08 05:01 AM Re: Hi [Re: DreamrKate]
DreamrKate Offline

Wow, that was the quickest story, with almost all the details in it that you'd need. I did tell her though that maybe God didn't want her to think she was amassing all her life's wealth all by herself... maybe she needed to be in a place of humility, to realize that we all need help from God. And maybe she needs to focus on her husband and her baby more, THEN start getting back in the real estate game.

Kate

#162733 - 10/15/08 03:06 PM Re: Hi [Re: DreamrKate]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
And a sad one, too...I sincerely hope the marriage can heal and they can work things out. It sounds as if she was trying to follow some program, one of those "buy real estate and you'll be a millionaire over night" type schemes. I think whenever you play in those fields, you have to be prepared for losses as well as gains.

Sounds as if she wasn't prepared.

Here's hoping YOU can find something that meets your needs, even if it is only temporary.

#162779 - 10/15/08 07:15 PM Re: Hi [Re: jawjaw]
DreamrKate Offline

Yayyyyyyyy, that's what I'm hopin for TOO!! Thanks Queenie!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved