The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#162182 - 10/08/08 09:04 PM Re: Hi Merry! [Re: DreamrKate]
Mountain Ash Offline

Those tiny clothes...been there done that.Still have on leg of a pair of tiny trousers in my sewing box..as pattern.also dolls bedding..made in the evening.

One uncle made me a blackboard..and my cousins had ironing board and airing rack (child size.)

Doing this when his daughter my younger cousin was in bed he was disturbed when she got up.Next morning fishing to see what she had seen..she answered that Daddy is making wood shavings when I am in bed.
I like home made gifts..and crafts.
Follow you dream... enjoy

#162215 - 10/09/08 05:01 AM Re: Hi [Re: DreamrKate]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Kate

Its been my experience as I've gone through a HUGE shift over the last 3 years (and especially the last 1 of that 3) that living our passions is a gift not to ourselves, it is a gift to others and the world at large. I used to think it was selfish and self centered and it was only when I worked hard and did what I was "supposed" to do that I was "good". Now my belief has shifted and feel we all came here with unique gifts...who are we to NOT live them in honor of The Creator, the gift giver.

Geez, if one of my kids was as ungrateful as I have been for the gifts I was given, there would have been he** to pay. Giggle!

A couple if weeks ago I was doing The Passion Test with the women's group from church. Things weren't going particularly smooth and I was thinking "oh gee, what do I do next". I had been trying to explain to them how living your passions wasn't selfish (because many thought it was).

Suddenly one of the women was on a roll with going through and identifying her top passions. The energy in the room went up, and up, and up and her face was glowing with joy...and she blurted out "I guess I am 66 and want to have some adventures!".

One of the other women turned and said "you lit up the entire room and raised the energy for all of us." There couldn't have been a more perfect way to help these precious beings eliminate one of the more insistent tapes women tend to run. WOW...it was a high like none other.

So live those passions, knowing you are so amazing!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#162239 - 10/09/08 05:17 PM Re: Hi [Re: Mama Red]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I join all of you in doing what we're passionate about. I believe we were all created with gifts to use for ourselves and the good of others. When we tap into those gifts through our God, lives are changed, including ours.

Onward with passion...

#162397 - 10/11/08 08:18 AM Re: Hi [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
So Kate, when did you quit the Bee? And considering all you went through with your husband, I'm a little bit surprised -- but happy! -- he got his act together.

Sorry it's taken me a few days to reply. I've been on a tight schedule and will have more time to write next week. But you know I make my living as an artist so I'm good with the practical aspect of fairs etc. The main advice is:
1. research your market. Where to sell, what's being sold, what it costs etc.
2. figure out your time -- in production, sales, EVERYTHING. Are you getting paid for your labor?
3. also figure out your comfort level as to art vs. commerce. If you'll hate yourself the next morning for doing a lot of production pieces -- then don't.
4. part of selling is getting there, as in SET-UP. My display weighs 500 lbs. Ceramics weigh more and are harder to pack. Are you physically up for the shows? Do you have help? If not, it may be better to go the gallery route.

Just some stuff to think about. Ask if you think of more.

Working this weekend (as per always) so see ya Monday! cool

Poet and essayist

#162619 - 10/14/08 06:44 PM Re: Hi [Re: meredithbead]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Hi Mer~ We found out that the house we are living in just sold so I am now in the process of looking for other houses that will accomodate my big family, that also has enough living space, and a place that will accomodate all my art stuff, my potters wheel, and one that will have the necessary electrical stuff to be able to use my kiln. And that won't cost us an arm and a leg. And then I have to think about packing.

That makes me want to go take a nap. *yawn*

Kate

Edited by DreamrKate (10/14/08 06:44 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#162649 - 10/14/08 09:39 PM Re: Hi [Re: DreamrKate]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kate, I'm thinking you should be glad the house sold in this market. How long was it listed? Not much of anything is moving around here.

How big is your family? Animals too?

#162663 - 10/14/08 10:54 PM Re: Hi [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wow...talk about overload...your brain must be on it. If I had to do all of that I would curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb....geeish! Good luck gal!

#162666 - 10/14/08 11:18 PM Re: Hi [Re: jawjaw]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
My brain is definately on overload! We rented it right after we sold the other house that almost lost. We waited over two years for my husbands disability to come in so by the time we sold our house, we had to use the money to pay all of the bills that had accumulated. We rented the house so we could get our bearings (well. . . that and live).

The young woman who owns our house ... well that's a whole long story, but she needed to sell it but it went for only $140,000 and she owes almost $300,000. If I would have known that it was going to sell for that little, I would have attempted to buy it.
Well, I'm just going to go sit in my little frustration place...

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#162697 - 10/15/08 02:58 AM Re: Hi [Re: DreamrKate]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
A house for 140,000 in California? Kate, were you prepared that she was listing her house, or were you "blind sided?" I hope the sale has a loooong escrow. Good luck

#162699 - 10/15/08 03:50 AM Re: Hi [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
PL, prices of housing in California are coming way down, along with the rest of the country. My mountain community had nothing under $250,000 last year, but this year there are several in the mid-$100,000 range.

Same with areas like the high desert (Victorville, Palmdale). But it would be scary to buy now, because with all the foreclosures you just don't know if your house will be in the middle of a ghost town with run-down yards within a few months.

Kate, I agree - let's hope for a long escrow so you have time to plan and find another place.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved