The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 182 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#162283 - 10/09/08 11:48 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: jabber]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#162288 - 10/10/08 01:18 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Meredith,
I come to this thread late. I wanted to ring in with my experience. It has been true in my own life that there is too much evidence that "this is all there is."
I can believe in a "past life," because of what I have heard, seen and felt in my lifetime.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#162321 - 10/10/08 12:45 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: dancer9]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
As ya'll already know I do believe in past lives...not because I started out to do so, because of specific experiences I've had. AND I agree with Jabber when she says this one is "more than enough". The things I've learned and walked through haven't been easy in many ways and yet they have helped me in others. It has been an interesting journey...and I'm not sure my hubbie likes it when the past lives bring up "crap" that I get to deal with and heal. He thought it was kewl when there was, as he said, good stuff. When it brought up some real fears that affected our relationship, then he wasn't sure!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#162404 - 10/11/08 10:49 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm also coming late with a different opinion. I don't believe in past lives, however I believe this isn't all there is. I believe this is just our short season on earth, with eternity lived in heaven.

#163365 - 10/21/08 02:35 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
oh jabber, you are just too cute!

#168350 - 12/21/08 02:50 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: meredithbead]
Deborahmce Offline

Loc: Arkansas
A MOST interesting thread!

In the 70s and 80s I believed absolutely in past lifes and was in a Cayce study group for several years. From early childhood I had experiences which had convinced me that there was more to our existance than what we could experience through our physical senses....and particularly my experiences as a midwife and then hospice nurse. But then, a couple of Philosophy classes in the mid 90s led me to question and explore my belief system. I'm no longer so convinced that something is true and real simply because I thought I experienced it...just leaving open the possiblity that my mind may have created the experience for whatever reason.

That said...I did have a fantastic past life regression approximately ten years ago. I remembered in great detail snippets of three previous lives which were still being dealt with in this one. The remembrances explained some of my present life experiences.

I had never been regressed before though I was very familiar with relaxation and meditation. One thing that I think was a little unusual according to the person regressing me was that the usual instructions to "look" or "see" did not work with me...I had no visual experience until I stopped trying to see and just "felt" (I've always known that I'm more aware of feelings than visual things)...once I took the time to "feel" then I was able to "see" ...sorry if that doesn't make sense..its the only way I can describe it...the person regressing me said that she'd not had that happen before...but what it did for me was add another level of assurance that the experience was not "placed" in my head by another person....she was directing me to become relaxed and to a hallway with many doors...I picked the door to open and then stepped through the door and described to her what was there. I do have it all on audio tape and enjoy re-listening to it.

I have recently found myself thinking about doing this again but have lost touch with the person who helped me. Anyone have any leads?

I've enjoyed and am still exploring the various links in this thread. MamaRed your YouTube presentation was fabulous and you are a great story-teller!! Thanks for the effort of putting it together!

#168352 - 12/21/08 04:04 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Deborahmce]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Like Dotsie I also don't believe in past lives but that we continue on into spiritual realms. Our soul is briefly here in the three dimensional world but progresses, and we take our spiritual qualities that we learn here, and can be best learned here. There's a logic and a justice in creation. Having past lives that you forget about just doesn't make sense to me.

#168356 - 12/21/08 07:09 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: DJ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I don't believe in past lives. But I am willing to believe someone else either in a totally different country or living in a different century/time period, might share a few but not all, the same characteristics as self.

#168357 - 12/21/08 07:11 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: orchid]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Here was the thread, mamared from awhile ago about a person's twin somewhere, sometime on Mother Earth:

http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/forums/u...true#Post106671

I also posted the same topic on a totally different forum of women. There were also some incredible stories. One forum member even posted photos of her daughter and her..daughter's close twin..who lived in same area. the 2 girls met each other.

No, mother never had another daughter.

Edited by orchid (12/21/08 07:17 AM)

#168368 - 12/21/08 02:25 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: orchid]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
That's interesting orchid. I think there's a lot happening on the spiritual/soul level that we don't understand. I also believe that the departed are never far from us -- the next level of existence is as close to us as we are to the animal world, and animals are to the plant world. We live in, move in, affect and are connected to the plant world, but plants are unaware of us. I think it's the same with those who depart form this physical plane. We see them in dreams, we get ideas and inspirations. "Coincidences" happen.

God's creation is much greater than we can imagine with our little minds. The painting can't understand the painter.

This 3-dimensional world of existence isn't so spectacular that you'd have to keep coming back time and again until you get it right. The few decades we have here should suffice, imho. We need to learn love, trust, faith, generosity and similar attributes. A 3-d world seems perfect for such lessons i.e., we can't see inside others' souls in order to know their motives, etc., and God gives us free choice whether to believe or not so that everything we become is a result of our own effort and not because God forces us.

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved