The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#16193 - 02/19/04 04:25 AM Re: Boomer Kitchens
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
smilinize, it sounds gorgeous! My kind of decor, artistic and primal [Wink]

What to do for an encore? There are 1000+ ideas out there; you just gotta choose one. [Cool]

I'm sloooooooowly redoing my house, and the kitchen will probably be the last part of the project. Look for an update in 5 years or so [Roll Eyes]

#16194 - 02/19/04 05:37 AM Re: Boomer Kitchens
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Todd my boy...let me get this straight. You want da Queen here to go get your survey, use her valuable time that she could be answering fan mail (both letters) and answer about 50 questions about a room that I can't even find in my house? A room that the fire marshall in my town has declared off limits to me. That bout sum it up?
Oh and if I DO take this survey, and use my good judgement and give Queenly wisdom...you ARE NOT going to quote me? zat it? hmmm....any chocolate in this?

okay...okay...geezzz...

I'm in...

#16195 - 02/19/04 05:43 AM Re: Boomer Kitchens
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay Miss M. I know your imagination is more fertile than that. What can I do? I'm not totally sick of monkeys yet and all my friends will be so unhappy if I eliminate them. I'm pretty sure I'm their only monkey outlet and they all seem to love buying them for me. Lord only knows what I'll do with all these little apes, but...

I kind of like Easter bunnies, but the kitchen might begin to look like a nursery. I've thouight of using purple and doing lilacs or grapes or maybe a whole bunch of fruits and maybe make it real frilly, but the den is so lived in. I've also considered the very sleek danish type modern chrome and black stuff. Decisions...

What to do, what to do? Come on boomer women give me some ideas..

And Todd where are you???? You're the kitchen expert here. Let's have some ideas. Great ones!
smile

[ February 18, 2004, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#16196 - 02/19/04 03:12 PM Re: Boomer Kitchens
Todd-Pratt Offline

Loc: Brooklyn
Hi, all. Sorry about the delayed replies, but I've been stuck at school (talking about kitchens, as a matter of fact). Much like jawjaw, I tend to avoid the kitchen as much as possible...or at least as much as I can in a tiny apartment where you have to walk through the kitchen to get to anything. Basically what I'm saying is: I'm no kitchen expert. That's what you guys are helping me become. [Smile] I actually remodeled my whole kitchen back when I had a house in Wisconsin, but that was mostly knocking down walls and adding windows so it wasn't so dark and isolated.

Anyway, thanks again for the help and if anyone else would be willing to fill out the survey (which I hear some people think is a bit on the long side [Smile] ) please let me know and I'll send it your way. You can reach me at todd@nyc.rr.com.

I actually have to give a little presentation this morning on my research so far, so I'm off to Pratt...

Todd

#16197 - 02/20/04 12:24 AM Re: Boomer Kitchens
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
you know...I just have to laugh at this because BOOMERS don't do kitchens! I mean, am I right? hahaha...well, except to get their coffee or tea...teehee...or chocolate.

I sent Todd a completed survey last night, then I went back to the one I had saved, and filled it out the way I WANTED TO in reality! It was sooo much fun and a great stress reliever! hahaha...what a hoot. Hey...Todd may have given me material for my next article....hey Todd! thanks kiddo!

#16198 - 02/20/04 03:12 AM Re: Boomer Kitchens
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

smilinize, how about anthropomorphosizing the monkeys instead of being so literal? You know, Monkeys at the 50s diner; Monkeys at the beach; Monkeys go to Mardi Gras; Monkeys visit alien planet. The possibilities are endless. You can even recreate scenes from Planet of the Apes.

#16199 - 02/20/04 04:15 AM Re: Boomer Kitchens
smilinize Offline

Hey Good idea Meredith. Maybe I could do a whole boomer monkey theme. Monkeys with beehive hair and beatles music. Hmmm. I knew you had it in you Miss M.!! Way creative.
smile

#16200 - 02/22/04 09:09 AM Re: Boomer Kitchens
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

too bad I threw away all them little velvet bows [Razz]

#16201 - 02/23/04 12:35 AM Re: Boomer Kitchens
smilinize Offline

Oh yeah, velvet bows and bumble bees in our beehive hair. What a bunch of funny looking folks we must have been. No monkey can compete.

smile

#16202 - 02/23/04 04:24 AM Re: Boomer Kitchens
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Every generation has its Really Stupid Fashion Statements. These are just the tip of the iceberg..

Monkeys exploring Antarctica? You could dress them in little fur parkas and spray your house with Christmas snow.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved