The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#161329 - 09/29/08 04:49 PM Re: Switch good idea or not [Re: Edelweiss2]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
This is really food for thought. I have done a lot of work already with real estate. Just have to write the exam but find the math really difficult. I failed the first try at it and it was due to the math.

I love to travel and am really bored at my current position as I work in an office alone. My job is basically cold calling. I'm burnt out. I thought a nice change in the cruise industry would be interesting but maybe I shouldn't switch gears so soon. It's just that financially I am in a stressful situation like many.

I don't make enough at my current position to make ends meet so I pay what I can and then use my credit cards. I have three kids, two at home but I help out my eldest as he has an addiction. See my story under children. He has just gone to another treatment center (number 10) He is a real drain on me financially and emotionally.

The rents where I live are very high and my rent takes more than half of my monthly income. I actually pay less than most but it's too high. It's $1350.00 a month not including utilities. Most houses in my city rent for over $2,000 a month. When I moved in over 4 years ago you could rent houses for $1200.00, since our real estate prices have doubled over the past 5 years, the rents have gone way up. I can't move as everything is more expensive than what I pay now. So, I need two jobs. The one I have now, and another one. I work on commission at my current job and do have time during the day to take something else on, but what.

If I get my license and work in real estate it will be commission with lots of money going out in expenses. I can't afford this at the moment. My other thought was to work a part-time job for the next six months to get out of debt, and then write the exam.
Kate

#161360 - 09/29/08 09:22 PM Re: Switch good idea or not [Re: katebcca]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Your first year OR TWO of being in Real Estate, it's more going out for fees' etc. then is coming in. Unless you can afford to support yourself totally for at least six months, I would wave bye, bye to real estate. This is a FACT!

Get a part-time job to go with what ytou're doing now and when you are more secure then try your hand at Real Estate. I know of not one R.E. Brokers that hires part-time help.

You might also want to keep an eye out for a less expensive place to live...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#161363 - 09/29/08 09:45 PM Re: Switch good idea or not [Re: chatty lady]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Yes, I get this. I have heard it from many real estate agents. Nothing but money out.

Offices do hire part-time agents where I live but it is not the best. Part-time anything in sales is difficult. You need to be on call 24/7.

Looking for a less expensive place to live is a great idea but I can't leave my Mom at 83 and leave town. Also teens are entrenched in high school and their friends. It's also very expensive to move. There is nothing cheaper really unless I move over 100 miles away.

I think working at another job part time will be best so I can bring in extra money. At least for the immediate moment.
Kate

#161435 - 09/30/08 09:22 PM Re: Switch good idea or not [Re: katebcca]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well bless your heart and I will pray that you find something you like that pays a decent amount of moula, and that it helps. It is never easy for we women though is it, having to worry about everyone else along the way.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved