The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#16134 - 12/21/05 03:25 AM Re: Losing weight
Flo Voy Offline

Loc: Florida
Well, I tried to send Dotsie a private message asking about the diet forum, but was told her mailbox was full and to try again later. If I wait, I won't. I'll let it go. So I'm going to slip my message in here, and hope she'll see it. I hope that's okay.

Dear Dotsie,

I was wondering if I might join the Diet Forum. I don't know what it's all about, but I'd like to try it. I weigh 180 now and my goal for the new year is to lose 30 pounds by December 31st, 2006. That's not unreasonable, is it? A little bit more than a half pound a week?

Anyway, please let me know what I'd need to do to join in.

Thanks,
Flo

#16135 - 12/21/05 04:07 AM Re: Losing weight
ladybug Offline

Flo Voy, welcome to the diet forum. There's nothing to do to join in. Just post in as much as you want and enjoy our encouragement. A half a pound a week is not unrealistic. Ask questions and tell us what you've accomplished.

Dieting is about making yourself feel better and achieving all around better health. It should even help lift your spirits.

I walk about seven miles a day. I see that you live in a nice warm climate so take a 30 minute walk every day. Start cutting down on the portion size you normally eat. Always remember, do what works best for you. What may work for one of us doesn't always work for all of us. Don't be obsessed with getting on the scale every day. Wait about a month after you first start and then get on the scale.

Good luck, get started and post with us, we're here for you!

#16136 - 12/21/05 04:30 AM Re: Losing weight
ladybug Offline

Flo Voy, I have a friend who says he's waiting until January to start his diet. I'm going to ask him why he's waiting.

Did you know that in some cases depression can be improved by dieting? Losing weight and taking daily walks has been shown to improve mental health.

If you don't feel well yourself it can be difficult to take care of another family member who needs you. You've got to take care of yourself. Do it now and don't wait. Don't use those "stall" tactics. This can be an especially difficult time of year to diet with all the wonderful goodies in your face everywhere. If you're going to a dinner party the worst thing you can do is starve yourself so that you can "pig out." You will over eat too if you've starved yourself all day. The body is programmed to pick out the highest calorie food when you've starved it all day. It's important to eat small meals as you feel hungry. Don't starve your body but don't feed it high calorie foods either.

#16137 - 12/22/05 10:11 AM Re: Losing weight
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
just a note on all who are trying to lose weight: if you're including exercise, you may gain lbs. due to muscle weight. I always weighed more than I looked because of muscle. Muscle weight is good: it's the exact opposite of flab, and will help you burn calories faster. So lbs. per se are not the only judge of dieting success. Firmness is. But losing extra fat is a good goal, regardless.

#16138 - 12/22/05 05:20 PM Re: Losing weight
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
To me dieting is about fitting into my new slacks I just bought a month ago! he he he I'm really serious. I'm going to have to move up a size if I don't start eating right.

Daisygirl

#16139 - 12/31/05 01:30 AM Re: Losing weight
Paige Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
I think it's a good idea not to think of eating in a healthy way as a diet. Diet souds temporary and being fit, healthy and being a weight that is good for you shoud be a way of life. I like Weight Watchers and I also eat fruits and veggies and try to limit anything made with white flour and sugar. It works for me. I am also big on exercise.
Paige

#16140 - 12/31/05 01:32 AM Re: Losing weight
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Paige you are 100% correct.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved