The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#16124 - 11/02/05 08:57 AM Re: Losing weight
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
No, Chatty those ad's on tv don't just hit Vegas.
They have those commercials down pat too.... cause everything looks so good. Last night it was the mushroom cheeseburger at Wendy's.

Heard celery was good for the HPB, so I started cutting that up, along with apples, plus I will eat rice cakes. Have to pretend they are ice cream and cookies and pumpkin cheescake.

Cut out trips to fast "food" stops like McDonald's and Burger King, if I been real good I'll hit Wendy's for a Frosty, (not every day mind you). Eat a lot of chicken and fish. Kids aren't real thrilled, but at their ages old enough to fix their own dinner.

Not smoking any longer has added about 10 lbs, my nose works so much better, food just smells fantastic.
Evening time really is the worst for my appetite wanting to take over. I'm weak....but, fighting it.

Walk everyday outside if weather permits, something hubby and I can do together, otherwise it's the treadmill.

#16125 - 11/25/05 11:50 PM Re: Losing weight
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi! It's just for fun [Smile] )

Do you know it?

http://www.burger.taopark.home.pl - the craziest diet in the world!

#16126 - 11/26/05 01:10 AM Re: Losing weight
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Burgerqueen... what kind of business are you running here? From the link I followed, it seems you want people to send you money everytime they think about eating a burger. Surely I read this wrong?

JJ

#16127 - 11/26/05 04:30 AM Re: Losing weight
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nope you read it right JJ and it is either the biggest scam around or as burgerqueen says, just for fun but the less than intelligent people in the world will send the money, can you believe it???

#16128 - 11/27/05 10:09 AM Re: Losing weight
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Hello out there!
Would like to join the forum about BWS diet.
What do I do?
I know.........stop eating? Right?
Lynne

#16129 - 11/28/05 01:34 AM Re: Losing weight
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Email Dotsie for the password and you're in. It helped me when I was there. I wanted to maintain my weight and exercise. I really need to exercise but it is so darn hard to maKe time and Just do it...I know...excuses, excuses.
Yep, I quit smoking and if I get hungry, out of time, I eat seedless grapes or cottage cheese and mandarins. This way I am getting my calcium and fruit for the day.It is very satisfying too.
Cecilia, how is that diet going? Alexie, no food after sunset...interesting. I have to eat when I'm hungry even before bed.
Burgerqueen, how much money have you 'taken in' to date? Shame on you girl! Of course, I have paid money to lose weight and they are really all scams in one way or another.
chick
chick

#16130 - 11/28/05 02:13 AM Re: Losing weight
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am sorry to say but I deleted burgerqueen. I hope that wasn't mean, but I don't like it when people only post about their sites/businesses.

#16131 - 11/28/05 02:59 AM Re: Losing weight
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dots,

It looked suspicious to me...but what do I know?

Tks for keeping the site clean Dots!

D.

#16132 - 11/28/05 04:38 AM Re: Losing weight
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good for you Dotsie and I have seen several of 'those people' lately. If they want to advertise here then let them be active mebers or pay for the priviledge to advertise...where does a thing like that stop, hang tough! [Wink]

#16133 - 12/21/05 03:17 AM Re: Losing weight
Flo Voy Offline

Loc: Florida
Well, for decades I tried dieting and it didn't work. I couldn't keep it up for long enough, and when I'd start eating regularly again, well... the weight just came back. I figured I'd have to say goodbye to sweets and chips and biscuits and gravy forever. *gasp* I couldn't do it.

So I tried to make small changes I might be able to keep up with for the rest of my life, like drinking my coffee black and eating at least some fruit and veggies every day, but that hasn't producing much in the way of results.

I've been trying to get more exercise by walking every day, but it's been hit and miss. Sometimes I have no time, or the weather's bad, or I'm just too tired to move when I don't have to.

I'm starting to look like my Grandmother did at my age. Oh dear.

And it's not that I'm that vain or want to look like one of those skinny models. Good heavens no. I just don't want to have all the health issues associated with excess weight.

Right now, I'm holding my own. Not gaining or losing. I guess that's something.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved