The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 188 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#159975 - 09/16/08 01:12 AM Re: What is your current achievable goal? [Re: chatty lady]
BarbWilber Offline

Loc: Northern California
Good words Chatty - so far I'm blown away by the warm support.

#160015 - 09/16/08 02:05 PM Re: What is your current achievable goal? [Re: BarbWilber]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Barb

Awesome, truly awesome. And as someone who is changing careers from a "semi techie" to speaking and coaching, I truly get what you mean about cleaning out the toxins. It took me a long time to allow myself to dream again and now that I am, I find it brings up all sorts of other stuff to be cleared and forgiven. Sometimes I wish *that* part of my journey was done (grin) AND I get to remember that I'm a fallible human, just like all those I get to share time with.

One of my big passions is helping women discover and live their passions...and to help them find the gifts their life experiences and "stories" have buried in them.

Thank you for taking on you and, in doing so, helping so many other women get comfortable with being uncomfortable!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#160040 - 09/16/08 06:42 PM Re: What is your current achievable goal? [Re: Mama Red]
BarbWilber Offline

Good to have a fellow traveller Mamared - To be a coach, one must be coached. That's all there is to it sometimes! Thanks for your kind words and understanding...

#160050 - 09/16/08 07:43 PM Re: What is your current achievable goal? [Re: BarbWilber]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Barb

Oh you are so right! And I've been blessed with some truly awesome coaches and programs that have helped me continue moving forward! Not always comfortable AND always illuminating, eh?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#160166 - 09/17/08 11:51 PM Re: What is your current achievable goal? [Re: Mama Red]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I love this thread. It's great to know what each of us are striving for in our lives. So many women take a back seat to their dreams when they take care of their families and when it's time for them to soar, many of them don't know how or remember their dreams. So I'm glad to know we've got many life coaches here to help them.

In all my dealings with authors I've never heard one say their manuscripts were stolen when they sent it to an editor or publisher. I agree with JJ that most of them are just like us, good, hard working people trying to get ahead in life.

Ew I have opened my own publishing company. Just waiting now to publish the first book. It's a long undertaking in order to understand how to do it and what you want to do with the company. When I'm ready I'll be letting you all know about it. But it's named Tide Dancer Publications. I am going to open it up to the boomer women here.
www.tidedancer.com

#160353 - 09/20/08 09:11 AM Re: What is your current achievable goal? [Re: Sandpiper]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Wow, Sandpiper. You have opened your own publishing company! That is very exciting. Tide Dancer Publications; that is an impressive name. You go girl! I can’t wait to hear more about it. smile

#160816 - 09/24/08 12:38 PM Re: What is your current achievable goal? [Re: Edelweiss2]
Mama Red Offline

Way to go Sandpiper...publishing isn't an easy biz to be in! I've done technical documents for years and years (more than I care to count) and getting the manuscript ready may be the easiest task! I can't begin to imagine how much work the marketing and promotion is. I'm so glad there are folks like you who will take that on. I can't wait to hear more either!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#160843 - 09/24/08 07:38 PM Re: What is your current achievable goal? [Re: Mama Red]
BarbWilber Offline

Does anyone here do Grant Writing? I received a note this morning from my college alumni group about a need for a grant writer - just throwing it out...

#160897 - 09/25/08 01:06 AM Re: What is your current achievable goal? [Re: BarbWilber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Check out my post under Women Writers below to get an answer on the question of editors who steal your work...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160946 - 09/25/08 02:49 PM Re: What is your current achievable goal? [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I'll let you all know when Tide Dancer Publications is ready to be open. It has been a long, learning, experience. I am happy about the company. There are so many writers that, because of the shrinking houses, are very good but are unable to get published. It is one of the reasons I decided to do this.

I'm excited about it but it keeps me busy constantly changing hats, so to speak, between being owner and author. I am looking forward to a great venture. Thanks for the interest. I'll keep you informed.
www.tidedancer.com

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved