The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#158521 - 09/02/08 10:43 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Just got here MR. Been getting the blue death screen that kept me away for 2 days.

I had to turn my one and only speaker all the way up and I enjoyed your voice. I, too, love the pic you chose. You are so courageous to get up on that massage table (not a couch?). I think about trying it and realize I have enormous trust issues. How did you gain the trust to do it?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#158539 - 09/03/08 12:19 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Saundra]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Saundra

Oh goodness, the blue death screen...eek!!!!!!!!!! That is enough to drive one well, to do something that wouldn't be considered "ladylike" by my mom's standards (smile).

I'm glad you enjoyed the recording and the pic.

Hum...I never thought of it being corageous because I'm so darned curious about things. Considering I have enormous trust issues, I'm not sure how I did it either! Other than the woman I was working with (Karen) was the most amazing person and I felt completely and utterly safe with anything she suggested. I had been working with her for a couple of years at that point so I "knew" her.

I'm not sure I realized exactly how deep my trust issues were until about three years ago when I was in a transformational leadership program. One of the exercises required us to do a trust fall and I was positively certain no one could *possibly* catch me because I'm "too big" (even tho' I had seen the group successfully catch, hold, and lift up a woman bigger than I am...both in height and in weight). I cleared some of the issues and didn't realize they were still hanging around until about a year later (in 2006), when my then BEST practitioner was working with me and said something about trusting (I don't even remember what I was supposed to trust at the time!) and I flipped out. Started crying, sobbing, and basically feeling like my whole world was falling in on me.

For almost 6 months, people who knew me knew to not to say the "T" word around me! Part of my past life work has helped me develop a way to work through those issues. That is a whole 'nother story!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#158580 - 09/03/08 06:58 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
OK, I have to give you another 'yea' vote for voice quality.
The sound quality didn't do your voice justice, though. I had to move my speakers close, and the volume seemed to rise and fall on its own, not a constant volume level. Did you use a stationary mic or did you wear one, like a mic on a headset? It doesn't matter, really... I was able to hear the whole thing... and can't say enough about your story telling ability, that deserves a WOW, along with your voice quality.
Anxious to hear more.

One of my sisters and I have talked about going together to experience PLR... we are both timid, afraid to be exploited, or have ourselves come away with suggested thoughts... we also have the instilled religious reservations...
We were extremely serious there for awhile, right after I read (and told her about) Weiss' latest book. I even made a list of possible hypnotists in the Houston area. She'd come here, and we'd go together, sitting as guards for the other. The last we talked about it was six or seven weeks ago.

How'd you choose your hypnotist, Mama Red?

#158599 - 09/03/08 12:58 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Mama Red,
Your voice came through just fine on my computer. Nice quality.
Nice tone. Loved it!

#158608 - 09/03/08 01:53 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: jabber]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Gims

I do understand the fears and wish I could give you some advice on choosing a provider. It has been a long time since I had this PLR done...although I had some other work done with a person here in the Chicago area. For me, it was an instantaneous "this person is safe" feeling and I wasn't going strictly to a hypnotherapist...I was going to someone who had other background in other healing modalities. My personal preference would be to find someone who focuses their work on past life, regressions, or soul retrievals if you're going to do that. Does that make any sense? And, btw, you're more than welcome to give me a call and we can talk about it if you like. Let me know if that would serve you and I can send you my phone number.

One thing my provider said, when I mentioned my fear of having thoughts not my own instilled during hypnosis, is that it doesn't work that way. I don't know if that was her ethical system at work or the way the brain takes suggestions...it has been too long ago that I had this particular one done. I'm sorry I'm not of more help on that particular concern.

As for the recording, it was made with a headphone/mic combination and stored directly in my computer using Sony Soundforge software. I'm so blasted new at this that I have no idea what settings to choose or how to test to make sure what is happening (other than listening to it on my system and getting some other folks to listen). From what I'm learning from this recording, and another one I have (a tongue-in-cheek reading called "Kindness is Overrated" that I originally created for my Acts of Kindness website)there is a lot of variance, which makes it even more challenging! How the heck does one troubleshoot for that! (grin) It would be interesting to hear my voice coming from your system to understand more fully the "up and down" quality you mention. I'm not sure if that is me or the recording.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#158610 - 09/03/08 01:54 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Jabber

I'm glad you enjoyed it!And thank you for the kind words.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#160190 - 09/18/08 09:04 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks for the recording MamaRed. I also had to turn my speakers up a little.

I can't light a paper match at all and was in my mid-20s before I could light the big wooden ones. I always assumed I had died by fire in a past life but have no memories per se.

Poet and essayist

#160194 - 09/18/08 12:02 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: meredithbead]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Meredith

Thanks for the feedback...I'm learning about doing recordings and have learned (since I did this one) that it might be better to do it on my digital recorder than via my computer.

Interesting that you have had the experience with lighting matches...I wouldn't have had the memories without the guidance of my past life regressions. I've had several of those plus other energy based approaches to clearing blocks (including something I did yesterday called Reconnective Healing and Theta Healing).

The more of the energy work I do, the more fascinated I become with what it is like to be a Spirit living in a human body. Not exactly the knowledge I grew up with! (Which causes its own set of questions and challenges!)

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#160225 - 09/18/08 06:12 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh my GOD, MamaRed I just noticed you are from Wauconda. I lived in McHenry off of Pistakee Lake for 14 years. My husband and I owned the Speakeasy bar right near the train station on the main street in Fox Lake. We use to pick apples in the apple orchard off of Rand Road in Wauconda, and buy cider and apple pies and fudge. Oh so delicious. Also there is a small grocer next to that big plastics plant, the name escapes me at the moment, where they smoke their own meats. The bacon and hams were to die for. I loved Wauconda, small, cozy and so green... It would be a hoot if we knew one another back then. My ex also had a big white van he sold all sorts of merchandise from to the customers of ALL the many bars out there. He golfed with Mayor Joe Armodo and Chief of Police Lou Volke...What a small world.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160237 - 09/18/08 08:00 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Chatty

OMG....too amazing, too amazing by half! I just got back from a doctor's appointment in McHenry and several of the folks I attend church with live in that area too. My hubbie and I picked Wauconda because of its small town look/feel and, in general, the "feel" of it. Helps that it gave us both a 1 hour drive to work (I worked in North Chicago at the time we moved here and he works in Itasca). I'm betting my hubbie knows exactly where you're talking about...he is a Chicago native and has spent most of his time around Mundelein, Elgin, and Dundee. Know where any of those are?

I'd love to say we might have known each other and just didn't know it ('til now) and I've only been in the Chicago area 3 years, so I'm doubting that we did (blast it anyway, I would love to meet you!).

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved