The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#168473 - 12/22/08 01:48 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Chatty...one of my best friends was raised in the Catholic church and I gotta tell ya, we've had some interesting conversations! I thought I played the "guilt card" with great finesse until I met her (no unkindness intended). Wow, what a trip! What trip indeed!

And who knows what truth is...I'm sure I don't. I only know my own experience. Cripes all mighty, couldn't this journey called "life" be done with a more clearly written handbook!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#168481 - 12/22/08 02:47 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
i know the catholic brainwashing all too well. what i tried to do is take what i loved of the tradition . . . the gothic churches, latin mass (yes, i am that old), the incense, midnight mass on christmas eve, high masses, the choir, etc.

no doubt i have remnants that are not so positive (probably chiefly the guilt).

my mom doesn't get it. she sees me as a slave. she has entitlement issues. i am sure i hang in there out of duty only. and i do believe in karma so i try to treat her as i would like to be treated (and i do fail miserably sometimes because she can be so toxic and i relatiate with my words once in awhile . . .but i have never said what i really think because it would crush her and i do not wish to add to anyone's pain.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#168538 - 12/22/08 05:51 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: seek]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
seek, I like the way you've taken what you loved of the Catholic tradition. I've done the same. I was raised Catholic, have since joined the Presbyterian church. It was a shock to my parents and exteneded family. I'm the one who left the church, but I am also the only one of five children who attends on a regular basis and is involved. The others are C and Es at best.

While there's much I didn't like about the Catholic faith, I'm still grateful I was raised in the faith because it's the foundation of which I continued my protestant faith journey. It's all the same God and Bible, just different interpretations, rules and regulations.

#168569 - 12/22/08 09:54 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I guess we all do the same thing, those of us raised catholic. We take the good tnhings they teach and use them and enjoy them and move on to more traditional teachings to live our lives by.

I agree seek, my own mother can sometimes bring me to the edge of my chair with her words BUT she is my mother and never have I uttered a cruel word to her, and I never will. OH, I hear those words screaming in my brain but I keep my mouth closed so none can escape in a weak moment.

Dotsie, I truly believe our relationship with God is a very private matter and whatever denomination we say we are, it comes down to how we serve the Lord God in our everyday life, wouldn't you agree?. That goes for ALL religions.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168570 - 12/22/08 10:05 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
just a note about my personal faith. it is not christian. i am grateful for the catholic upbringing but no longer consider myself christian. organized religion of any kind is not for me.

i consider myself spiritual and do believe in past and future lives. i believe i am here on the earth to learn earthly lessons and to experience certain things.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#168585 - 12/22/08 11:14 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: gims]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
GIMS thanks for putting in that wilcox u tube link it fits well with reincarnasion but the rest of it about the 2012 enigma was very very intresting. did you listen to the rest of it ?

#168589 - 12/22/08 11:34 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
celtic_flame Offline

thats me finalie gotten round to listening as i gad to read the whole thread first you sound reallie well and like an american frend i have heer at the moment, the two of you sound reallie alike accent and voice qyualitie too.
secondlie how brave are you to put something onto u tube, well done for that.

i also was intrested in your storie i come dowen on the side of the purpise of regresion work is to make heal or understand stuff in the hear and now too.

cool stuff.

#168592 - 12/22/08 11:46 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

i had some past regresion work done as well, this ladie was "clear sighted" and as we talked she watched the manifestasion of the old spirite or how one would have looked in that life. After the session we comared notes as i now how i looked and wanted to double test her and see how accurite she was and on the occasion with me she accuritelie described how i felt and saw myself to be. Id just like to add that i was very carefull not to lead her or give her any hints.

as for past life or not im not sure it as simple as it was once for me, weather its a seprite life experinses a soul groups experincses and any one can (belonging to that group) accsess that information or sumbolic reprisentasion as a means to work out current day issues.
I do belive healing can occure in an inexblicable way but i not so sure i can fit it all neatlie into a catogarie, over and above somethings going on! That probablie makes no sense but i found out the more i go looking and questioning the less i can neatlie catogarise and once id have sworn blind and trulie had belived in past lives.

anyway anyone else willing to share ther experinses ?this turning out to be a great topic and i think thers loads of tangents yet to be tunrned lol.

#168595 - 12/22/08 11:50 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: seek]
celtic_flame Offline

Originally Posted By: seek
organized religion of any kind is not for me.

is their no religion or spiritual group that youd belive you belong too? I know you said your not of the tradisional type but weer do you draw your spiritualitie from or base you spiritualitie upon, influenses even?

just trying to make some chatt and welcome you into the group so i am hoping that questions not gonna leave you vulriable smile

#168597 - 12/22/08 11:57 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Celtic Flame

I know what you mean about trying not to lead or give hints. I did the same thing during my past life regressions and my soul retrievals. To be honest, nothing is in a neat category for me any more...I remember when my dad got to be this age (50s or so) he said "oh yes, everything is more black and white now". Hah! Not for me, the older I get the less able I am to put things into a category that I would be willing to swear is the "one and only way".

It may be memories of an actual past life, the collective memories of millions, something i can't possibly begin to comprehend or explain.

The thing I do believe is there is wisdom within each of us, to be accessed, shared, learned from, mulled over, tasted, swallowed, spit out. I believe each person must assess, for themselves, the truth of anything they read, hear, see or feel.

It may not fit with my upbringing or what others believe AND my personal belief is there are 6 million versions/instances of the same soul, walking a different journey, learning the lessons they need to learn in the best way for them.

I so love hearing more from the women on this group...heck, I love learning about people and their belief systems, period!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At one time, I wanted to be a cultural anthropologist...I didn't have the guts to buck the norm at the time. So now I get to learn about cultures by being on the internet, being a coach, and being a speaker.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved