The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#168779 - 12/24/08 08:30 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
chattie who is ma kettle?

#168791 - 12/24/08 10:15 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There are some oldie but goodie movies made before color movies came out, and there was a very poor family, Ma and Pa Kettle, country folk and the Kettle kids. Lots of kids. He was a farmer of sorts, a lazy loafer who widdled alot, can't remember his real name. She, Ma was Marjorie Mane, a well know star of her day, she played the cotton house dress clad mother of the clan, and she was bossy and smart for her time, she solved all the problems. They were both good comedic actors of their day. I love those old movies, hard to find now though...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168809 - 12/24/08 02:20 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Oh Chatty...Cleopatra, for sure. Have ya got any of the deep black kohl to put on your eyes (grin). Seductive, brilliant, powerful, creative, forceful, knowledgeable. Yup, I see it!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#168818 - 12/24/08 03:09 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Celtic and a grand good mornin' from the slushy, mushy, Chicagoland area of the US.

I adore reading your posts sweetie (in case I hadn't said that, I thought it was time!). I've been reading what you, and others, have said about racism and all sorts of other topics. I find myself wanting to read all of it and am disciplining myself to stay on track with launching my inspirational speaking and coaching business too! Since I tend toward the "all or nothing" approach, finding that balance has been a real challenge!

And thank you for the invitation to visit...I'm truly blessed and honored (and believe me, not have a 5 star location isn't an issue...I'm much more interested in the "soul" of you, your partner and son than I am 5 stars! Not that I can't be spoiled and love luxury too...lol.

I'm sure I would love all of the places you mention and I've read about and feel an affinity toward. By the way, you speaking of Scotland reminded me of a book series I read, which I found quite interesting, both for the premise of it and the pure historical novel approach (I love historical novels). The series is "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon...

My "old" email address was "passionateliving2002@gmail.com and my online dating address was passionate lives...boy, did I get some interesting "proposals" based on those names! I thought of it more in terms of living life passionately...some of the guys I "met" took it a very different way!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#168859 - 12/25/08 12:19 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Mama Red]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i just changed by bit at the bottom of what one poststo what it is now.

the last one i had up was by the ecstatic poet rumi, which reads" passion must containe surrender in order to be true" its circluare and changes weatehr you put pashion in the line.
I love this poet and his work and this particulare line so much and it hold pariculare meaning for me i had it tatooes on my bodie lol. Also i don't mean sexule passion either but i think passions held and ment the same way you use it.

THANK YOU for the compliments on my posts, i think our loaud and i sure i ramble and i am sure the ladies are used to me but the blows to the confidens to myself at a young age regarding my litracie sometimes reares its head in this written cyber world. I turned it into a postive and worked and studied hard to prove the illitarite tag wrong. So i made this pain work for me now its not such a driving force but i will studie again when my sons able to let me, its just circumstanse at the moment not perminent but just how it currentlie is.

someweer else you weer talking about the energie or intension behind words and weather they weeken or strenthen us, i also belive this and can feel it when its spocken, written word gets me too insucure to estimate my accuricay.

weer did you learn to do this? did it develop or was it studied? who was/is your inspirasion.

Northern irelands a very strange place generallie but also and maybee more reliventlie its strange energeticalie. Its one worth tasting lol.
if ever that urge gets strong enough to go visit the celts or the uk ones let me know if you fancie giving into it.

My sons a darline, and worth meeting as the wee person that he is. Lola from this forum has meet him, poppie of course knew him farlie well.
thats who's in this household and we are a good fit for each other in several ways.

i am glade you are enjoying the threads and chats and decided to stick around smile

#168928 - 12/26/08 03:28 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Very fascinating thread. There is much food for thought here indeed.

I am still on the fence about this. I have a tendency to lean towards the DNA perspective. But I had another thought, and it is only a thought... Could it be possible that our past lives were in another realm? I believe there is definitely more in the universe than the flesh life on this planet. So why not consider the possibility of past lives in an alternative universe, another dimension? Food for thought anyway.

MamaRed, you sounded like Jamie Lee Curtis...this is a compliment BTW!

Seek, I can relate to your quest. All my life I have had questions and have been searching for answers myself. I grew up in the Greek Orthodox church. I really love the mysticism, but unfortunately, I feel the church is full of dead rituals. I tried so many of the other Christian denominations and if they are not using scare tactics, they are using guilt tactics. I don't do well being tied up in chains, metaphorically speaking. I certainly do not mean any disrespect for the sisters in this forum who attend these churches. We all have our own answers to find in our own timing!

Great conversation. Thanks Meredith for bringing this up? Have you had any experience?

I Love you alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#168930 - 12/26/08 05:48 AM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Cathi, a bunch. Although I can't prove anything, I'm pretty sure. I know enough to have written about 2 of them. A third one, I KNOW but want to research certain things before I write the poem, and a 4th one I suspect. Plus friends have told me of others.

I've mostly seen events very close to my time of death, in the 3 I remember and glimpses of the 4th.

Poet and essayist

#168963 - 12/26/08 03:29 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: meredithbead]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Celtic

Interesting that you bring up Rumi...I've heard so many recitations of his poetry and his saying and I've always enjoyed them, although I have never picked up a book or accessed a website to read his work directly. Guess it keeps falling off the to-do list or my "NSOS" (next shiny object syndrome) keeps kicking in!

I understand about blows to our confidence when we're young...they can do a LOT of damage, can't they? Although I'm moving through it, I can still hear the voices of teachers, parents, and other family members making fun of or being frustrated by my "talkativeness". Like you, I'm putting that pain to another use...which is why I am moving into coaching and speaking. Although my talkativeness was not always seen as a gift, I'm choosing to see it that way now and leverage it for the positive instead of the negative! I'm also learning how to use silence to the positive instead of feeling that I'm not being heard (which was the story I have had for years and years!).

RE: the energy of words. You asked how I came to that knowledge. I'm not actually sure where it started...I've always "known" it somehow and used that knowledge, unconsciously, in my technical writing and speeches. However, that natural understanding was enhanced as I went through many different training classes and began to notice the trends in people's speech patterns. About 3.5 years ago I was in a course that opened my eyes to lots of different things (it was called Beyond Your Best and was, with all 3 levels I took, about 6 months of training). It was called a "transformational leadership/coaching program" and it royally kicked my butt in a lot of ways! The exercises were, many times, difficult and always opened my eyes. There was also some "harm" done by inexperienced volunteer leaders...which also became a learning for me.

My most recent foray into understanding the power of words was work with the Law of Attraction, Law of Resonance and a coaching program I attended with a woman named Dr. Fern Kazlow. She is a traditionally trained therapist who merged that training with many energetic healing modalities. I combined what I already knew with her teachings and have moved into a focus on helping people rewrite the stories by looking, carefully and closely, at the stories they are telling and the words they are using to tell those stories. I have, slowly but surely, started to let myself "listen without listening" to hear the energetic feeling of the person I'm speaking with.

I can feel it in written words, but not so easily and with a bit less confidence than when I'm hearing someone speak. Maybe that is because I have always had a deep connection to the spokent word. In fact, many years ago, my teacher/therapist/friend tried to explain that the spoken word is actually how I process information...my former husband was thoroughly irritated (dare I say pissed off) about my tendency to talk through everything and how I could shift perspectives between the beginning and ending of a conversation!

I'm not sure if I answered your question, so let me know! So much of what has come to me in the last few years has been a combination of what I already "knew" somewhere deep inside and what resonated about the information I was receiving from another from the outside.

I'm finally getting comfortable in my own skin as I learn more...I've had these gifts since I was a child (or a wee one...I love that saying, did I tell you that). However, I was definitely not in an environment or society who honored intuition and non-scientific gifts.

Now, speaking of rambling!!!!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168964 - 12/26/08 03:32 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Wisdom&Life

I shall take your comparison as a compliment and say "thank you"! That is the first time I've been compared to her...more commonly I've been compared to Carol Burnett (took me years to consider that a compliment...grin).

I think your points are quite possible...the term "past life" is only a way for me to hang words on something I can't otherwise explain. I think it is eminently possible that it could be the DNA perspective or a parallel universe. All I can truly "explain" is what it feels like and that is that what I know and what I experienced in my daily life, past life regressions, and soul retrievals is NOT of this lifetime.

Make any sense?

I look forward to hearing more from you and about you and definitely agree with the approach many Christian denominations take.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#168987 - 12/26/08 07:08 PM Re: Believe in past lives? [Re: celtic_flame]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Celtic...realized I had never commented on your experience during your hypnosis training!

I don't know the why of the situation...I do know I've learned to trust that those who have crossed my path are there for a reason and have learned to honor the connections. I've got a couple of friends who swear we must have shared the same body at some time...and it often feels that way!

When I was originally introduced to The Passion Test, there was an offer made to become a Certified Facilitor and I knew immediately it was something I wanted to do. No back-and-forth about the finances or time or anything, simply what felt like someone pushing my buns out of the chair to sign up! It is a simple tool that serves as the foundation of my coaching program...because I believe you need to know what is most important to you before you can focus on it. And this is from a person who has been unwilling, in the past, to commit to a specific approach 'cuz I might miss out on something happening somewhere else. Learning to trust me, and the messages I receive, my "intuition" if you will, has been a challenge in a big way!

The same thing happened when I decided to sign up for Beyond Your Best (the transformational leadership program I've mentioned elsewhere)...I simply *KNEW* it was now, the right time and out came the credit card.

I wish I had paid a bit more attention to that voice before I handed my credit card over for some other training programs. There simply wasn't the connection and it was more of a practical decision regarding the business of speaking and coaching. Interesting, very interesting process we're going through, eh?

I haven't had formal training in past life regression or hypnosis either. AND I have had several experiences where it seemed that I did that with people...without trying. It simply happened. The most interesting one, to me anyway, was when my DH was still my fiancee. We were saging his apartment and got to the bedroom and finished that process. The next thing I knew, he was sinking into my arms and I knew, somehow, that we had gone somewhere else. In fact, I had become a hawk and he was flying on my back over a river valley near where he lived. It was probably my most offbeat, unexplainable and unique experience ever!!!!!!!

Now ya'll we'll probably think I'm totally nuts (grin)...and I may be!

Edited by Mama Red (12/26/08 07:08 PM)

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved