The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#188751 - 08/24/09 01:58 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Welcome Seagull! Fly around and have fun!

#188758 - 08/24/09 02:25 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
But don't leave any droppings.

#188774 - 08/24/09 07:33 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: jabber]
Seagull Offline

Loc: New York
Hi,
I remembered to come back. That's a good step. I am still trying to figure this out. If I click on my messages, why aren't any there? I need to go back to my original note to all of you to get these responses. Help. I have been invited out on my first date. Imagine 62 and scared to death. I never dated much and my "soon to be though he doesn't know it ex" is the only person I dated much less kissed!! ouch there I said it so now you all know how naive I am. Any suggestions? My date is sending a limo for me so we can go to a fund raiser at the Saratoga Race track (NY's answer to the Kentucky Derby) where there will be over 100 wines for tasting and foods to sample with a chinese auction. I don't know what to wear, much less what I will even look good in. Any advice, suggestions etc. Oh by the way he is even trying to plan in advance. He has indicated San Francisco would be nice for New Year's Eve. That is too far away for me. I should also tell all of you that he is 7 years younger and with a lot of baggage and I on't mean weight. No one is looking for anything serious just laughs and some fun. Thoughts PLEASE. dl

#188790 - 08/25/09 01:24 AM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Seagull]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hellooooooooooooooo Seagull!!!

I found Larry on match.com...we'll be married 4 years in March.

Have fun, be very cautious. Have you met this guy before? You say it's your first date? I can't speak for you but if this were me I'd 'meet' him and not go in anything he provides. I mean, do you really know him well enough to trust him like this? I guess I'm asking you how do you know the guy is legit and that the limo picking you up isn't a way to get you by yourself? I'm playing devil's advocate here. When I met match.com men for the first time I always arranged the first meeting in a very public place and I never got into anyone's car. I usually knew after the first meeting whether there was enough there for me to be interested in a 2nd date. It sounds romantic and all but I'd err on the side of caution than the side of romance/limo, etc. And since you're new at this and as you say, niave, and there are so many nuts out there (not saying he's one of them)...but, I'd be very careful until you've met him a few times on YOUR terms...then if you feel he's harmless and you wish to pursue him, then go for it. Just a thought.

#188793 - 08/25/09 01:50 AM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Dee]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Seagull, I agree with Dee. Meet him there if it's somewhere you really want to go; or somewhere else where it's very public. Always leave yourself a way to get out and get home. If he's sending a limo, and you don't like him or the party, how will you get home safely? It sounds romantic, I agree, but my first thought, if it were me, would be my safety.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#188817 - 08/25/09 01:30 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Seagull,
Dee and Yonuh always give sage advice. Be careful but have fun.
Heck, 7 years isn't that much and I like younger guys. WB is
3 years younger than I am. A conservative pant suit always looks
nice, especially at a race track environment. Dee got a real nice
guy on the net. He's a hunk! Good luck!

#188818 - 08/25/09 01:32 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Oh I forgot to say, you won't get any messages unless you send
a private message [PM] to someone. When the list drops down,
click posts! Then you can see your most recent postings and
answer them! Ciao.

#188820 - 08/25/09 01:44 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: jabber]
Seagull Offline

Loc: New York
ok thanks to all of you for the advice. I have known him for 2 years, we have spoken on the phone and have had lunch at a local restaurant. I drove there and drove home. By first date I guess I mean a dressed up occasion with a driver and a fancy place. My daughter and friends know where I am going and my son in law will actually be in the same area. Many people that I have known over the years will also be in attendance. This is a little nerve racking since my comfort zone is just a little off. But I have learned a lot about myself in recent years and I do know that I don't need a man in my life to enjoy life. Does that sound strange? I finally feel comfortable about me and don't need to prove anything to anyone. I am just interested in talking with and sharing fun times with people regardless of gender. Right now it is off to find an outfit. I did go on line to see what people wore at last year's event. As always thanks for listening er reading and sharing. dl

#188824 - 08/25/09 02:56 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Seagull]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It doesn't sound strange. It sounds just right.

Oh my gosh. I love the Saratoga race track. We have friends who live in Saratoga and have been to the track several times in August with them. It's so much fun. What a neat, little romantic date. I can't wait to hear about it.

#188827 - 08/25/09 03:32 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Dotsie]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sounds like you've got everything figure out...on that note...HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! And if you're out for fun then forget about the age difference...it's the attitude, not the age, that matters...if you're both on the same page then that's all that counts. Send us photos!!! Can't wait to hear about the outfit you pick out.
HUGS HUGS HUGS

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved