The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 78 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#156581 - 08/16/08 03:06 AM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Chatty Lady

Thank you! I'm truly blessed! I defintely understand the "computer down" gig. As someone who has made her living on computers writing about computers for over 25 years, I have had the situation happen many a time...and, in my book, its a whole lot of no fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is properly transferred and you're back up and running smooth as silk...

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#156600 - 08/16/08 12:44 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Mama Red]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mama, I absolutely love the quote you have on your home page. The second sentence is powerful. "What story are you writing today." Makes me want to be certain I'm doing something with meaning. Just love it.

#156610 - 08/16/08 02:13 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thank you Mama,
So you are one of those wonderful computer gurus huh? I am so inept with mine except to write and hop in here for some fun.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#156626 - 08/16/08 03:47 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Dotsie]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Dotsie

Hi Dottie

Thanks so much...I appreciate the feedback! That is actually one of my own quotes and it is the basis of my speaking and coaching practice. I'm so glad to hear you're applying it to making sure you're doing something with meaning...because we all have so much to give.

One of my "thangs" is to help people hear the stories they are telling themselves and then finding ways to reinterpret the stories to be empowering and full of undiscovered gifts. I personally believe word choice is so important that I have a list of words I listen for and teach others to listen for and measure whether those words are empowering or disempowering.

One of my topics is tentatively titled "From Victim to Victor: Rewrite Your Story, Rewrite Your Life". However, my advisor has recommended I remove the front phrase since many people don't want to associate themselves with a "victim" label. To me, its empowering and I'm working to see what I say (there is that "story" thing again!) from the perspective of others!

Again, I'm so grateful for this forum and all your hard work and effort to put it in place. I joined NABBW yesterday and am looking forward to learning more about it too!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#156627 - 08/16/08 03:49 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Chatty Lady

I am in some ways, totally inept in others, especially the internet marketing and website stuff! In fact, I was so frustrated with trying to get some web stuff done that I gave up on my usual approach, the one I've had since I was two ("I can do it myself mommy!) and hired some help. I can't believe the feeling of relief knowing this supertechie is going to make sure all the behind-the-scenes stuff is done correctly.

I've created 6500 page documentation sets faster than I can get a bulleted list on my web page. ARGHGHGHGH!!!!!!! Grin.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#156628 - 08/16/08 03:50 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Dotsie

Oh geez, I just saw I boo booed by putting your name twice on the same post and misspelling it once. My apologies!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#156660 - 08/17/08 06:30 AM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Mama Red]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome, Mama Red, and I am glad you are enjoying being a part of this great group!

#156674 - 08/17/08 06:00 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: diamond50]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
MamaRed, I like the 'Victim to Victor' phrase. It shows the positive progression that can be accomplished. I was a 'victim' to bipolar and alcohol and have 'progressed' to live as a 'victor'. To me the phrase speaks of the hope of being able to work thru the change of status.

#156675 - 08/17/08 06:04 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: greene]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sharing our stories is one of the resaons this site was launched because I beleive we all learn from one another's stories. Mama, we have that in common.

#156699 - 08/17/08 07:42 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: greene]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Greene

Thank you for the feedback...that is how I perceive it too! I find it empowering to think I can turn tragedies into triumphs if that is the choice I make. What my advisor said is that it is likely to turn many meeting planners "off". And I definitely want to be in business and am finding that line between what resonates with the business world and me as a person serving as a motivational speaker. Interesting challenge this has been, interesting challenge.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved