The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#156075 - 08/12/08 02:37 PM Wow, I'm so excited!
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi all

I'm so excited I found this site today. Funny how things work out...I actually found this site because I subscribe to HARO and this site was today's sponsor! I feel like I was led here and am looking forward to looking at more of the posts and seeing what other boomer women are doing.

I'm almost 51, have one son, 21, I gave birth to and 2 others (22, 28) I "acquired" when I became a newlywed just over a year ago. Meeting my new husband on match.com was an adventure in and of itself.

For over 25 years, I've been involved in technical communications and last year, for my 50th birthday present, my hubby said "why don't you go live your passions?". So I am...I've recently opened a motivational speaking and coaching company and am scrambling to learn all the web-related stuff (although a techie on some topics, I feel like a web virgin...guess I *get* to be some kind of virgin..grin).

I've decided this site is going to be my primary morning stopover while I drink coffee and figure out what I'm going avoid (oops, mean "do") regarding my business.

Blessings to all...I know each and every one of you is an Amazing...and I look forward to getting to know you and learning what I can do to support this community and be of service.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#156081 - 08/12/08 04:37 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Mama Red]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
A warm welcome, MamaRed! This really is a special place full of amazing warm, witty, wise women. Home away from home. I'm glad you found us.

I'm 53, retired and living life at my own pace. I never had children of my own, but to use your phraseology, "acquired" hubby's two grown children when we met. Now I'm making up for lost time and opportunity spoiling my two grandchildren (7 years and 21 months) and loving every minute of being a grandma.

Again, welcome. I'm looking forward to hearing your voice here.

(Maya Angelou)

#156093 - 08/12/08 05:32 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Eagle Heart]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Welcome, mama red... I checked out your passion/purpose/spirit...you sound like a fun person. Hope you stick around.

#156115 - 08/12/08 10:25 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: gims]
Lani Offline

Loc: Northern California, USA
Hi Jerilynne!

What a vibrant and fun addition to our community!

Please check your PM box; I just wrote to you with an idea.

Welcome!

Lani

#156120 - 08/12/08 10:46 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Lani]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
MamaRed, I read through your site. You radiate inspiring joy and passion.

(Maya Angelou)

#156123 - 08/12/08 10:56 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Eagle Heart]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Welcome!

Mama red!
Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#156126 - 08/12/08 11:06 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: dancer9]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Welcome, Mama Red.

I met the love of my life on match.com, also. Yes, I know what you mean when you say it is an adventure. I had so much fun.

I am 55 (gosh, I think I turn 56 tomorrow), live with my life partner, no children, and as happy as I try to be.

Enjoy your morning posts, here.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#156134 - 08/12/08 11:59 PM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Anno]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Welcome, Mama Red. I'm 61 and still here, doing more.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#156138 - 08/13/08 01:12 AM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: Saundra]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yuhooo honeyyyyy! <Queen hiking up royal robe and running to the front of the forums, trips...drops her bag of Oreo's...says a dirty word, then scrambles up, and is off running again>

Yuhooooo! Hey Mama Red! <puff, huff, puff> Whew! We have something in common already! My sisters call me Red...or big Red, mostly.

Welcome to a great boomer hang out. I hope you enjoy yourself and get knee-deep to a giraffe's butt in post. Have fun, don't worry bout spelling or dangling part-a-cips. Just have fun!

#156139 - 08/13/08 01:16 AM Re: Wow, I'm so excited! [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello Mama Red, my father named his boat "JeriLynn" nearly the same spelling as your name! I liked your site. Some of the books you feature I haven't heard of before, so I am eager to delve into what you recommend. I am 54. Married since 1988. Author of Beyond the Tears: A True Survivor's Story http://www.beyondthetears.com
And today I put my Colorado Real Estate license inactive.
How do you like your coaching biz? PL

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved