The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#152374 - 07/01/08 12:49 PM Happy Birthday Canada!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Ok, so this isn't the right forum, but I didn't want to cover up any of the other active threads.

Today is Canada Day here. So I just wanted to wish any other Canadian Boomers a happy holiday and to express gratitude to God and to our troops, both past and present, for this beautiful country and the amazing freedom we enjoy here.

I'd also like to ask for prayers for both of our countries, that Canada and the US be protected from all terrorist activities (apparently Canada has been moved to the top of the list because of our involvement in Afghanistan).

Thanks.

(Maya Angelou)

#152375 - 07/01/08 01:20 PM Re: Happy Birthday Canada! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Today? Canada House hosted a party to celebrate Canada Day at Trafalgar Square a few weeks back which is why I thought of it as a past event. Unless that was a different holiday to today's. HAPPY CANADA DAY! What events are on in Ottawa, Eagle? Are you going to any one of them?

#152376 - 07/01/08 03:10 PM Re: Happy Birthday Canada! [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lola, they may have been celebrating Victoria Day (which is always the Monday preceding May 25th, this year I think it was May 19th). Victoria Day is a much-awaited long weekend holiday here, not so much to celebrate Queen Victoria, but the "offical" beginning of summer here (Canadians don't mark the beginning of summer by the calendar, ie, June 21/22, but by the Victoria Day long weekend!)

July 1 is officially Canada Day. Since we live in the nation's capital, there is a huge celebration on Parliament Hill all day and night...that's where we're heading right now (Hubby and I have been up since 6am, but we've been waiting for SD - she just woke up!) So we're heading out now for the fly-pass, the poutine (a real Canadian treat), lots of great music, some BBQ something-or-other and maybe even stay to watch the fireworks tonight.

(Maya Angelou)

#152377 - 07/01/08 07:56 PM Re: Happy Birthday Canada! [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Happy CANADA DAY to all who live there. I hope the events ae pleasant, safe and lots of fun. I have several friends besides Eagle there and they are all celebrating as well. God Bless you all!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#152378 - 07/02/08 12:50 AM Re: Happy Birthday Canada! [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Happy Canada Day Eagleheart...from the west coast. Today I saw a bald-headed eagle wheeling far up in the clear blue sky..over a highway and parking lot.

We did some more travel this holiday weekend on Vancouver Island on bikes. And spent yesterday in the U.S., on San Juan Island off the coast of Washington state.

Have a good one, Eagleheart..on a hot summer clear day..as it is here today.

#152379 - 07/02/08 03:10 PM Re: Happy Birthday Canada! [Re: orchid]
Mountain Ash Offline

We always had Victoria Day off school.Yet now children don't

In Scotland there are moves to celebrate St Andrews Day with a national holiday.Nov 30th.

I think this is a great way to celebrate nations..
Think of all the building up of a country and Canada..dear to my heart..being the home of Anne of Green Gables..and the music of Nova Scotia.
Mounatina ash

#152380 - 07/03/08 01:48 AM Re: Happy Birthday Canada! [Re: Mountain Ash]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
As someone who's visited Canada twice and would love to go back again -- Happy Birthday to my favorite neighbor to the north!

Poet and essayist

#152381 - 07/14/08 10:46 PM Re: Happy Birthday Canada! [Re: meredithbead]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hi Eagle. I was born in Vancouver on May 24th, the original birthday of Queen Victoria, and my father always told me I was a princess. When the government changed Queen Victoria's birthday so everyone could have a 3-day weekend, I cried. Is nothing sacred (ha ha)?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#152382 - 07/15/08 12:07 AM Re: Happy Birthday Canada! [Re: Saundra]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Oh, Canada, Happiest of Birthday's to you.

No,Saundra, nothing is sacred when it comes to a 3-day weekend.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved