The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#151553 - 06/28/08 07:55 PM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Congrats Lola, what wonderful news!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#151554 - 06/29/08 06:56 AM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Congrats Lola! But don't forget the breast self-exams even with a clear mammogram. That's how I found mine.

Poet and essayist

#151555 - 06/29/08 08:51 AM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: meredithbead]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Thanks Chat and Meredith.

Thanks for the reminder, I was reminded that as well. I thought about and prayed for you, Lynnie and a few of my friends through my recalls and waiting period.

#151556 - 06/29/08 12:20 PM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Lola, I'm just now reading all of this and a bit late with my HOORAY! But nonetheless, my heart is relieved that you are okay. Good for you, gal! Good for you body! God is good!

#151557 - 06/29/08 07:12 PM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

Lola
so relieved that all is well

#151558 - 06/29/08 10:03 PM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: meredithbead]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

... don't forget the breast self-exams even with a clear mammogram. ....

I do my breast exams with a light weight T-shirt on, or in the shower with lots of soap... seem to be able to feel more with these methods...

So glad all is well, lola.

One more thing... in a recent study of spiritual roots which cause diseases and symptoms of diseases, I learned that cancer in the breast is right in there with other diseases - I think the instructor to the conference claimed up to 80% of illnesses have a spiritual root. Breast cancer was particularly interesting, because he claimed that, if it was spiritually rooted, it had to do with an unresolved problematic relationship with a female (not his words exactly, but you get the gist)... And, that the breast effected by the cancer is indicative of which type of relationship to a female --- if I remember correctly, cancer in the right breast indicates an unresolved relationship issue with someone like a mother in law. If I got this side correct, then the other indicates an issue with a blood relative, i.e. a mother. Something like that. Well, I thought it was interesting... bought the book... so, if anyone wants to test the theory/practice, PM your symptoms (not your problems), I'll look it up and tell you the spiritual roots. Or, if you want, post them here.... help me make us of my $24.95 purchase...lol

#151559 - 06/30/08 06:56 AM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
All is well with our worlds, as long as we are healthy. Then anything is possible. Onward Lola, and thank God all is good.

#151560 - 07/01/08 06:41 AM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Thanks once again. I did not know how much the waiting period affected my son, until last night. So, he's taken off from work for two days from today to be with me and "mother" me through my barium procedure.

#151561 - 07/01/08 07:28 AM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

Thinking about you Lola.
I had a whole year of "procedure" top to tail in 83/84 and last year to a lesser extent.
Take care of yourself. Mothering you through..I get that from my family..ans feel so sad when someone has to cope alone.
I's like to be a buddy as a volunteer later so the hospital can choose who they know are coping alone.
Prayers sent..I am on your shoulder..
Mountain ash

#151562 - 07/01/08 08:01 AM Re: Mammogram Update [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, celebrating your good news.

Your son sounds precious. I've heard of daughters doing that, but not sons!

gims, I'm scared sh*#less that I might get cancer in my right breast after reading your informaiton about mother-in-laws. LOL! Unfortunately, our relationship deteriorated when the kids were young teens. Very sad...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved