The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#150714 - 06/15/08 07:21 PM Re: Shalom [Re: Lola]
Xanthippe Offline

Loc: Boulder Creek, CA
Quote:

Wearing stripes with polka dots, mix matching socks and barrettes, etc. Makes her look like a clown but it makes her happy.

Lola, she sounds like a spirited girl with a delightful, quirky sense of style! Brava to her!! And she's cutting-edge, too, given that her fashion "philosophy" mirrors perfectly this company's: Little Miss Matched.

I live smack-dab in the heart of the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains, and there are redwoods everywhere ... including one growing [purposely] right up through the front deck. There are several state parks in this area, but none of national designation.

Xan.

#150715 - 06/15/08 10:50 PM Re: Shalom [Re: diamond50]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A big warm welcome from Sin City. So glad Dotsies email spurred you to join us once more. I saw the redwoods as a girl and they were amazing. More later. WELCOME!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#150716 - 06/16/08 01:25 AM Re: Shalom [Re: chatty lady]
Xanthippe Offline

Much obliged for the welcome, chatty lady! Yes, the redwoods are amazing; I never tire of their noble, serene beauty. Living up here is like living at Girl Scout camp year-round.

Xan.

#150717 - 06/16/08 02:43 AM Re: Shalom [Re: Xanthippe]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Xan Lakeland is about 40 miles maybe from us. I've not been there is a long time.

Glad your cooler weather came along for you. You know we in Florida sit here watching the weather channel talk about the heat waves up North and how people are having such problems with it, yet they never mention that we are having the same temps here. It makes me chuckle! Funny how hot or cold in one place is not the same as in another.

How amazing for you to live by the redwoods. I've never seen them either. We lived in Whittier, CA when I was just a kid but never saw the redwoods when we went about. Guess we weren't there long enough.
www.tidedancer.com

#150718 - 06/16/08 04:41 AM Re: Shalom [Re: Sandpiper]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Xan. You have a redrood growing through your front deck? Oh that sounds breathtaking beautiful. Can you post a picture? I would love to see that. Will you have to replace your deck as the tree grows wider? Or are they very slow growing?

#150719 - 06/16/08 12:01 PM Re: Shalom [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
xan, pictures would be great.

#150720 - 06/16/08 04:59 PM Re: Shalom
gims Offline

Loc: USA
welcome xan... yes, pictures! we love pictures!!! I'm a fan of your avatar, too.
sandpiper, it is odd how others' high temps are so unlike south Texas's 94 - our humidity is hovering around 84%, making it seem even hotter! and, without a breeze, or any hope of one, we stay indoors.

#150721 - 06/16/08 06:22 PM Re: Shalom [Re: gims]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Thanks for the link, Xan.

Quote:

Will you have to replace your deck as the tree grows wider?

I thought about that as well. How big is it now? Its grand to have your own redwood to hug.

#150722 - 06/17/08 07:41 PM Re: Shalom [Re: Sandpiper]
Xanthippe Offline

Good afternoon, ladies!

Another Monday gone and I've little to show for it. Got sidetracked in an [unsuccessful] attempt to find the pink slip for Snowflake, my white Honda DSX that suffered an untimely demise as the result of an accident. I want to donate her to a worthy charity, but must have the paperwork to do so. Looks as if I'll be making a trip to the DMV one day soon. Whoopee.

As to weather and micro-climates, I believe Mark Twain said it best with his wry observation on San Francisco in the summertime. How true that one woman's unbearable "heat wave" is another's typical June day. But I'll take dry heat over the humidity Sandpiper and gims speak of. The first time I stepped from an air-conditioned car into the oppressive reality of Arkansas in August, I felt as if I'd entered a steam room; I found it difficult to draw a deep breath, to move briskly, to think clearly. As gims said, "we stay indoors".

Although my photographic abilities are *sorely* lacking, I'll certainly try to post pictures of the deck and redwoods; just know in advance that my efforts won't do justice to the beauty of the surroundings. Yes, Edelweiss, redwood trees are slow growers, so there'll be no need to replace the deck in this lifetime. Lola, the "hugging tree" is about 22 inches in diameter, and I usually touch the bark as I walk past; it's a nourishing ritual that never fails to center me.

Egads! I've yammered on long enough!!

TTFN,
Xan.

#150723 - 06/17/08 07:46 PM Re: Shalom [Re: Xanthippe]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Feel free to yammer here. We all do.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved