The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1524 - 01/31/05 08:10 AM Re: Faith gone?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Chatty, I rolled my eyes when I read your post. Ugh! Seems like some of the people who make the biggest show about being religious, are the ones who are in the most compromised positions.

Dianne, the next time one of these self-righteous jerks starts preaching about how you're going to hell -- think about Chatty's post -- and then think about what these hypocrites are probably doing that makes them want to pin the guilt on someone else.

I've found that the more zealous people are about their belief system -- and I'm talking about the people who have to cram it down your throat at every opportunity, and tell you you're going to hell if you don't believe exactly and precisely the way they do -- are the ones who are the most insecure about themselves and their beliefs.

People with love in their heart will support your spiritual choices whatever they may be, and try to bring you up when you need their help or compassion. As for the people who are always putting everybody else down, they have too much hatred in their hearts and are not worthy of you.

Choose to surround yourself with good people.

#1525 - 01/31/05 09:40 AM Re: Faith gone?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chatty, I am so sorry you had that experience. It seemed that you were enjoying your faith so much.
I understand how single women are shuffled out of the larger church family. I never was accepted there either. But I took my kids anyway. I guess they knew better than to exclude them. We went three or more times a week and I dated the sunday school teacher and other single guys in the church. I never got accepted by the married women, but I think they finally gave up on driving me either to a 'singles' corner or out.
I always thought I had a family so we particiapted in the family events. And no one dared exclude my kids. They probably knew I would go berserk. But I was never a part of the "We are family" contingent.
As to infidelity in the church, Christianity is such an intimate experience that it can bring men and women together in an intimate way which can easily lead to physical intimacy as well. That's not to defend it, but I believe it is easy to get into. Maybe if you forgive the preacher and move on probably to another church, it will mean God will forgive you for any sins you might have.
If you enjoyed church, there are tons of them, go find another and be your wonderful self. Let it be all about exercising your spirit for yourself, and don't ever let it be for anyone else at all. You're a good person and you deserve it.
smile

#1526 - 01/31/05 03:56 PM Re: Faith gone?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Actually I hold no ill will towards the Minister or the other mans wife he was bonking, it isn't my part to forgive either of them, they did nothing to me personally but it was just another time I said: "Un huh, here we go again, same ole, same old. I think I'll just be my own church and believe what I want to the way I want to, it works for me...

#1527 - 02/01/05 08:10 AM Re: Faith gone?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Meredith: I have surrounded myself with people who love and support me...right here in this forum!

I'm with Chatty and the others who responded. My feelings for God never changed but they sure did for those who don't practice what they preach and yes, we should we aware of those who are always preaching.

#1528 - 01/31/05 09:32 PM Re: Faith gone?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I was raised a Catholic, went to church every single morning before going to school where I studied catechism.
My Parents and seven of us kids never missed church.
I am no longer recognized in the Catholic church because I am divorced.
Some day I will get an annulment and go back to church, because I want to.
For now, I'll continue to pray and talk to God from here.
I hope we all find our comfort zone, whether it is in a building or in our heart.

God Bless us all,
chickadee

#1529 - 02/01/05 07:46 PM Re: Faith gone?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by chickadee:
For now, I'll continue to pray and talk to God from here.
I hope we all find our comfort zone, whether it is in a building or in our heart.

God Bless us all,
chickadee

Chick, you hit the nail on the head.

#1530 - 02/01/05 11:24 PM Re: Faith gone?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dianne and others:
I'm sorry for what you've endured in your search for the right church. It is quite disturbing to hear the things that happen in churches or the things that so called christians do.

Let's not forget that Christ told his disciples that both the wheat and the weeds are growing together in the same field. But we ought to strive to become wheat, not weeds. The time will come when the weed and the wheat will be separated. My goal is to become wheat, by the grace of God.

Any christian, even the most devoted christians fail if they stop looking at Jesus. Jesus also said we should not judge others. So who am I to judge?

Remember, the enemy is not worried about those who don't care about serving God; instead he is focused on making those who serve God fail. And he will be more than pleased when a minister or someone with a lot of influence fails, for he knows how destructive that will be to so many.

Why should we be surprised that these things happen? We shouldn't. The Word of God has enough light on things that would happen before Christ's second coming. Weed and wheat need to be separated.

When I realize all that's happening I cling myself to God, for I don't want to become a bad example for others; I long to be a helping hand in any way I can, not a road block to their relationship with God.

We need to focus our eyes and trust on God, that's the only way we will ever be light instead of darkness.

I've made it a point to pray for those in Ministries and other positions of influence. They are the most targeted by enemy fire!

But know that God is also saddened by your bad experiences. He will show you the way if you stay open to His influence and guidance.

Blessings!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved