The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#150369 - 06/08/08 06:15 PM Pony Riding
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi Vicki, don’t want to cover your new post…but I don’t know where else to post this.

We took Anaiya on her first pony ride today. By chance we found the most beautiful romantic farm that offers overnights for kids who want to learn how to ride. It was a child’s paradise. Not only do they have a half a dozen barns painted in bright yellow and white; they are full of little spotted horses. Goats, donkeys, chickens, pigs….you name it…walk around in large penned areas, and they all have babies! The children are allowed to hold feed and cuddle. They also had a beautiful pasture and lovely barn, where old animals grazed. It was a senior home for old horses, donkeys, and even pigs!

By whim a child can take “his/her” pony for a ride on endless trails leading through dense forests, over meadows and rolling hills…all with a gorgeous view over the Bavarian lakes.

They gave Anaiya a little helmet, and the reins in my hands, and off we went; over hill over dale…we hit that dusty trail. She was in heaven, and mastered “whoa” and “giddyup” as if she were an “old” 5 year old.

The place was bursting with children. Over the grounds they had huge trampolins under big oak trees; Pony riding swings, big enough to swing 4 children at once…I could go on and on.

My question is; in this paradise for children, there were only little girls! Why is that? I asked one of the counsellors, and she said boys are welcome, but they hardly ever have any come.

They didn’t want a penny from us. Can you imagine? Well, needless to say we will be back. Tonight Anaiya ended her prayer with “whoa” instead of “Amen”.

#150370 - 06/08/08 08:09 PM Re: Pony Riding [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The place sounds heavenly Edelweiss but why the 'romantic' reference? Its for kids right, or can the partnts stay overnight too?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#150371 - 06/09/08 12:54 AM Re: Pony Riding [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Romantic as in fairy tale romantic. ... Just a kid's camp. Made me want to be a child again.

#150372 - 06/09/08 01:19 AM Re: Pony Riding [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Sounds like a perfect children's movie or book - both for the adult and the child.

As to your question, could it be that girls are more about relationships (you have to have a relationship with an animal) and boys at that age are more about ruf and tumble? I don't at all mean to be sexist, just a thought.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#150373 - 06/09/08 02:42 AM Re: Pony Riding [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Did you ride too, EW? you said "we hit that dusty trail." Did they give you a pony, too? Did you get pictures? More children need to be exposed to animals and the outdoors, where dreams are born.

#150374 - 06/09/08 12:03 PM Re: Pony Riding [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

No I didn't ride, I held the horse's reins and led the pony with Anaiya on it around.

Gims, those were my thoughts too. If children were more involved with animals, I could imagine it could be the alternative to computer overuse and even starting drugs.

Yes, Ann, I think you're right. Girls seek relationships more than boys do in that age. I would have loved my boys to horse back ride, but they weren't interested. I could never understand that. I used to be an avid horseback rider. Do you ride, gims?

#150375 - 06/09/08 01:37 PM Re: Pony Riding [Re: Edelweiss]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Gosh, it sounds like a place I loved 2 visit. I look for places such as that whenever we take the RV out of its garage. EW, your post painted the most beautiful pictures in my mind! Thanks! And I'm glad you took your precious
granddaughter there. She'll always have an awesome memory
of that experience! Neat! Sweet! Loved it.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved