The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 149 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#145503 - 05/07/08 09:20 PM Re: Gardening [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Beautiful, gorgeous and breathtaking the both of you. I love all the flowers and the colors are so magnificient. JJ, that bush of pink is so lush, I bet it smells divine too. Both your yards make me miss my lilac bushes back in Illinois, and how they smelled up our entire yard and the house as well.
Hey Dee, at least Molly wasn't trying to get into the bird bath, bless her heart...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#145504 - 05/08/08 12:02 AM Re: Gardening [Re: chatty lady]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
JJ -- Isn't that a clematis vine? (the one you call dental floss I mean). I have one blooming now too. If I weren't so busy I'd try to upload pix of my garden. This spring is absolutely glorious here. Two weeks ago all the early blooms were still around with the later blooms, so I made a bouquet of forsythia, lilacs and azaleas, with daffodils and tulips all at the same time. That was quite rare. Usually the daffodils and forsythia are gone before the lilacs and azaleas and tulips. The pollen count is so incredibly high this year, so at least we get something out of it.

Edited by DJ (05/08/08 12:04 AM)

#145505 - 05/08/08 01:06 AM Re: Gardening [Re: DJ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Correct. I happen to be in love with the Clematis vines and I'm training it to grow up the dental floss and cover the front of my house. I think that will be beautiful! Oh I wish you would take a sec or two DJ and upload those pic's. Nothing says BEAUTIFUL like a bouquet of fresh flowers.

Oh pleaseeeeee?

#145506 - 05/08/08 02:10 AM Re: Gardening [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Edelweiss...I had the most beautiful rose garden when I lived in Wiesbaden, Germany. In Europe there were 4 seasons so it was nice gardening there. Here in the south we have cool winters and hotter summers and rarely anything inbetween. It's hard figuring out what will grow and what will wilt in the heat.
Chatty...LOVE your new photo...how adorable! I am figuring that by the time summer humidity gets here I just may find her sitting it along with the birds and squirrels. LOL
DJ...what is forsythia? I may recognize them but the name doesn't sound familiar. Official names of flowers are like prescriptions...can't remember them and can't pronounce them.
JJ...I bought two Clematises today (not sure if the punctuation is correct)...a pretty lavender...do they like sunshine, shade or in between? And our hydranga bush was really wilting today so it's got to be moved to a shadier spot...even the least little bit of sun that it gets is too much and it's not that hot here yet. Sheesh!!!

#145507 - 05/08/08 11:20 AM Re: Gardening [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dee, if I am correct, I believe the forsythia is called Yellow Bell down here...is that right, DJ?

Also, the vine likes some sun, but mostly shade I have found. Mine gets the afternoon sun but only partial. I had some at my mailbox one time but it never lasted. Course that could have been because I didn't "tend" to it like I should have.

#145508 - 05/08/08 12:37 PM Re: Gardening [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

JJ...thanks...I'll try and see if I can find Yellow Bells...also...the main reason ya'll never see me much is because I'm standing in the yard watering...and watering...and watering...and watering...and...hmmmm...could that be my Larry said, "baby, please don't buy anymore flowers." ?

#145509 - 05/08/08 05:15 PM Re: Gardening [Re: Dee]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Dee, first of all, it's GREAT to "see" you again! I missed you so much and even wrote a post about it! Your pics are lovely. It's the opposite for us.....I recently begged Frank not to buy any more flowers! We're waiting to plant because we did so too early (another post, too) and they died after a frosty night. I love this time of year....finally getting the dirt on my hands!

#145511 - 05/08/08 07:18 PM Re: Gardening [Re: ]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Your flowers are beautiful ladies! Here are a few of my flowers I like to share...Azalea, hydrangea, & yellow mini roses. I was thrilled that my azalea bloomed as well as it did this year. I haven't had much luck with them in the past. So naturally, I had to take a picture of it! The hydrangea and mini rose was taken a few years ago. My hydrangea didn't flower at all last year because we had a hard freeze in April.

#145512 - 05/08/08 09:28 PM Re: Gardening [Re: Cookie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just gorgeous Cookie. I use to have lovely rose bushes back in Illinois. My moms favorite color was the yellow.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#145513 - 05/08/08 10:06 PM Re: Gardening [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Wow cookie. That rose is almost perfect! Everything is so lovely. Gorgeous!

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved