The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
#145415 - 05/13/08 06:00 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: meredithbead]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
March? I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to make the trip. Someone promise me a corn dog.

#145416 - 05/14/08 12:23 AM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Lola]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Corn Dogs - - Guaranteed for Lola at the next Boomer Babes retreat. As many as she wants.... Lola, you want mustard or ketchup with that?

(Can y'all tell I worked at Burger King 32 years ago?)

K

#145417 - 05/14/08 12:32 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dotsie, I hope you are open to suggestins as to when the next meeting should be. March is not a good month for me since we would want to combine it with visiting my brother in Massachusetts. Middle to end of September 2009 would be ideal for my time schedule. What a generous offer to pay for the overnight. But that’s okay,I wouldn't want you to dish out these expenses. But thank you for the offer anyway, my friend.

I would combine the meeting with you gals with a visit at my brother’s place. Hey? Should I bring him along? He’s a 55 yr. old computer engineer, has his own company is tall, slender, single, sweet and very funny. Actually he has a girlfriend right now,…but who knows. Jeez. I sound like I’m selling him. Haha…sales is in my blood.

#145418 - 05/14/08 12:36 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Eeeek! September is usually a big book festival month for most writers. I doubt I could do September. Sniff...sniff.

#145419 - 05/14/08 01:54 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: jawjaw]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Postitively great photos "Fun Bunch"! Looks like you had a grand time in Vegas. So happy you shared them with us who didn't get to attend.

It's lovely seeing all of you happy and sharing your love with each other.
www.tidedancer.com

#145420 - 05/14/08 02:24 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Sandpiper]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Loved the pics - and the bios, JJ. Thanks for taking them and sharing.
March is just next month, right? Anyone started their Christmas shopping yet?

#145421 - 05/14/08 02:45 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I understand JJ. September is book month in Germany too.
Are you kidding!

No way I'll fly over to the good old USA
and miss meeting JJ!

Jeez...hand me over my oxygen mask.

How about October or the beginning of June? Am I planning this too far ahead? Probably. But I'm just reacting to Dotsie's post. Whatever....we have time till then...and gims, no ... I am not doing any Xmas shopping yet.

#145422 - 05/14/08 03:00 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm going out on a limb here, and Dotsie can surely give more insight into this than MOI, but the fall is a busy time for writers, at least it has been for me. What about some of you other writers??? August-Sept-Oct...even in to the holidays. I'm thinking Dotsie picked March because it is a month where most "events" are not scheduled. Almost like a "free" month, if you will. June, July are usually months where families takes vacation together. Usually.

I promise you I am not trying to be a royal pain, but just trying to shed some light on the date.

THEN AGAIN...............WE ARE ONLY TALKING ABOUT A WEEKEND, RIGHT?

If so, it could possibly work out to where it wouldn't matter. From what do I know?

Dotsie?

#145423 - 05/14/08 07:00 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Ack! Just checked my calendar and March would be the Lenten season. The summer months will be a tight schedule for me as well. Seems to be October as proposed by EW would be ideal for me. The weather won't be too hot nor too cold. The additional bonus would be cheaper air fares as well as it won't be a peak period for travel from Europe. Just my 2 cents.

Unless, you guys want to come to London instead? If you do, I PROMISE to treat you to a reading/soiree at the Charles Dickens House. PROMISE.

P.S. Kathy, I'll have a stripe of each on either side.

#145424 - 05/14/08 07:35 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Lola]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I'm open on the dates. The only thing happening for me next year (that I know of now!) is my son's graduation from high school. That will probably take place the first week in June.

Also, my other son is supposed to deploy to Afghanistan, so if he does we'll probably go visit him before he leaves. Not sure about that schedule.

I'll do my best to make whatever dates you choose. I'm sure there will be some that it just won't work out for, but then maybe the next year can be scheduled to accomodate them more than the others that just attended.

Dotsie, I don't envy you the job of choosing a date...

K

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved