The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#145405 - 05/12/08 02:52 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I know...isn't she a doll? Now you know why that guy was standing behind her. Then again, all of the babes were ah...babes. And talk about a fun bunch. Hey, maybe that is what they should be called? THE FUN BUNCH. I mean, after all, there was the Rat Pack...so why not?

#145406 - 05/12/08 03:19 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Bwaah-haaa-haaa - not a single shot of my face! My beauty will remain a mystery! Anyone want lessons on how to avoid the camera?

Kathy

#145407 - 05/12/08 04:15 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Lol Kathy! All the more reason to meet you all in person! I really truly hope I can make the next meeting on the East Coast next year! You all look so happy, and as if you were all long time friends. Just the way it should be! Thanks for posting these JJ, it was so fun to see.

#145408 - 05/12/08 05:20 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ahhhhh...Kathy....ahhh, they can see your face hun...HERE. You have it on the board here. Hello? And listen, she looks just like that...I mean it. Ain't she a beaut? Personality to go with the beautiful smile, as well. Kathy made it her mission to chauffer me around and take care of me. Lord knows somebody needed to. Thank you Kathy! When I got home and got in the car to go to town, I looked around for you. Then I realized I had to drive myself. Bummer!

And talk about personality, Chatty has it. She was just downright adorable. But you knew I was gonna say that, didn't you? Chatty made sure we knew the ropes and took us to the best place to eat. I can't remember when I enjoyed sitting next to someone so kind and gentle!!!! She is a great conversationalist, and I count myself very lucky to know her.

Sharon had men following her all over the place because she is simply a knock out. Dang her time! I'm so jealous. One can only hope that she will learn that if I gotta age, she's gotta age. Honey, if you're out there, have some Oreo's...k? Sharon was soooooooooooo fun! If she doesn't come next year, we need to all pile up on a bus and go to her house. I don't want a girl's get-together without her.

Meredith is down-to-earth, cares deeply about ALL OF YOU, and I mean that so sincerely. If I had her heart, I would be a much nicer person. She was so cute in her leopard outfit and struttin' her stuff. Nobody can wear a headpiece like the Divine Ms M. I swear...now if she would only have left the air on the room...cough...cough...Meredith, Dotsie and Sharon got up and danced with wild abandonment. I remember thinking, "Now THAT's what life is about!" Way to go Ms. M...you make life look good!

Chick...I can guarantee you all right now that chick needs to be, and should be, our mascot. She is the cutest thing you'll ever lay your eyes on, loves everybody, and makes you feel so happy to be her friend. Now get this...she is smart as a whip too. I ask ya, is that fair? For one person to have it all? She is suppose to move (someday) to a neighboring state very close to me. I have my fingers crossed! Lord help Mr. Chick when that happens. They might as well build a JJ room.

Dotsie - now here is someone that is like the hostess with the mostess...she wants to make sure that everyone has a good time, and will go to great lengths to make sure that happens. She spreads joy wherever she goes. This includes talking to waiters, waitresses, people playing on machines, THE BAND, whoever...it doesn't matter. She has terminal JOY and is spreading this disease through out the land. Watch out because if you get near her, you're liable to catch it.

Oh..and one more thing. If she tells you that a restaurant is just a block or two away, ..............she lies. What she means is that it is a CITY block or two away (translated means miles). So joy-giver, yes...but distance-giver, not on your life. I still have blisters on my feet.

And then of course there was me. What's not to love, am I right?

We missed the rest of you, but listen, you'll get another chance next year. Save your pennies!

#145409 - 05/12/08 05:33 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: jawjaw]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
JJ..thanks for the fotos!!! I had so much fun seeing you all almost LIVE!!!! Now that sounded good..but I don´t know how to say it in another way You are all of course..VERY MUCH ALIVE and LOVIN´EVERY MINUTE. Even I can´t miss that..with my eye operation and everything! You really had a good time..all of you! You all look so happy and laughing all the time. Thanks so much for sharing. I gotta make one of these meets..and then do the Kathy thing!!! You are GOOD, Kathy!!! Still..would have loved to see you,too!!!

I am smiling and laughing all the way with you guys!!!

#145410 - 05/12/08 08:23 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: humlan]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
But...but...but...apart from her avatar Kathy posted a photo of hers and the Divine Ms M when they met last year? Remember? Remember? Don't you remember the smiles and the lobster hat?

#145411 - 05/12/08 09:08 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Lola]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Ahh, the lobster hat. Yes, the divine Ms. M looks wonderful in any kind of head-dress!! I pretty much look the same now as I did then, albeit a tad fluffier...

#145412 - 05/13/08 12:57 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
jj,
That was fun. I really loved seeing you gals! It brightened my day, to view boomers enjoying life. It's so cooooooooolllllll! I'm sitting here smiling into the PC.

#145413 - 05/13/08 04:35 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola gets the memory prize, and JJ can write bios for all of us. Lordy, you're kind!

Just wondering if the gals across the pond could make an east coast trip... If so, we're looking at March. Does that work for any of you? We should accomodate you gals since you have so far to come. Speak up so we can get planning.

I have a friend at church who leaves Sunday for two weeks. She's going to Italy with FOURTEEN of her college buds whom she's known since 1963. Can you even imagine?

So if they can do it, so can we!

#145414 - 05/13/08 05:48 PM Re: Boomer Babes...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
The pictures are wonderful! And now we're preserved, on digital print, for posterity!! Celebration! Where's my lobster hat when I need it?

Kathy lied however -- she did not gain a single ounce since I last saw her. So there! And Jawjaw's biographies prove what she left out about herself -- someone who always looks for the best in everyone.

Poet and essayist

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved