The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#145445 - 05/19/08 09:11 AM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Boston would be a dream come true for me! And, if we were smart we'd shoot for October, a better travel month and maybe even some nice New England foliage about mid month. Also, we could stay in the outskirts of Boston but close enough to travel in and out. I'm a bit partial but we could have an awesome time in this the New England states. Why do we have to hang out out directly in large cities?

#145446 - 05/19/08 01:16 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
In fact, wayyyyy down the ride, after we've traveled here and there in the U.S. for our weekends, I'd suggest a nice New Hampshire Inn at peak foliage near the mountains. There's still ample shopping spots and things to do....it could be a wonderful weekend. Louisa has often mentioned North Conway as she and her hubby visit there a lot. SO have we. You have it all...inns, loads of shopping, mountains and so many fun spots....everything all in one!
http://www.northconwaynh.com/
http://www.mtwashingtonvalley.org/index.cfm

#145447 - 05/19/08 07:15 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What happened to Maryland/Virginia. Boy Dotsie I wouldn't want this job, geesh, everyone has her own ideas of when and where!!!!
Suggestion: Maybe 'you' need to pick several destinations and dates etc. to pick from, then give each one 'WHO IS COMING' a vote. They will vote for one or the other place and month. Voting good for say 6 months from the time we begin...Whatever time and place gets the most votes wins, and hopefully it will work for the majority of us. Otherwise you're going to go bonkers...

Edited by chatty lady (05/19/08 07:18 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#145448 - 05/19/08 10:11 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, I've gotten soem feedback. I'm going to make a decision with Georgia by the end of this month. We'll pick a time and place and a date and put it out there.

The only thing about renting one place is what if more people come than can stay there?

#145449 - 05/19/08 10:11 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I think it might help also to look consider the time of year and what it cost to travel at that time and to each place. For instance, flying is different at different times. Staying outside of Boston would be cheaper, but not sure where. The outskirts aren't cheap either and it isn't that easy to get in and out. Jane is right about New England. NH is great in October but you have to plan that ahead because it's foliage season. There's also Ogunquit and Kennebunkport.

I have enough trouble right now trying to figure out where I'm going to have my next writers group meeting, never mind something this large scale.

#145450 - 05/19/08 10:24 PM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Louisa]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I would want someplace that's easy to fly into...and easy to get to from the airport (preferably a direct hotel shuttle for someone who doesn't know the area and might be flying in at night).

NH sounds beautiful, but, for example, how do you get from the nearest airport (and where is the nearest airport?) to North Conway? It would be an added expense to have to take a commercial bus, and possible inconvenience in terms of ensuring connection times and places.

As long as I can fly into a place and not have to worry about too many difficult connections to get to the final destination, I'll be happy going just about anywhere...especially knowing that there are friendly faces waiting at the end of the line!

(Maya Angelou)

#145451 - 05/20/08 01:05 AM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Louisa Offline

that could be a problem, Eagle. There is an airport in Manchester, NH, but it's not that near North Conway and I don't know if flights from Canada fly into that airport. Your best bet is Logan in Boston. there's a hotel there that is so gorgeous, but costs a fortune. It overlooks Boston Harbor.

#145452 - 05/20/08 01:12 AM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Louisa]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I can get a direct flight from Ottawa to most major cities - including Baltimore, Boston, Washington...not sure about Manchester. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be concerned about transfers/connections from the airport to the hotel/gathering place. It's just another consideration when making the decision on where to meet.

(Maya Angelou)

#145453 - 05/20/08 05:17 AM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
But can you fly into Alabama?

#145454 - 05/20/08 09:36 AM Re: Boomer Babes... [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

I probably wouldn't be going because I won't travel alone anyway. Boston, I wouldn't have to. That is why I considered it. Won't go there alone either. [Lavender] would have to bring me in. but there are plenty of things to do.

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved