The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#143406 - 02/25/08 12:44 AM Re: Handy gadgets [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'd like to be able to quit carrying a bag, altogether... but, I refuse to wear a fanny pack - isn't that what they're called?

#143407 - 02/25/08 01:36 AM Re: Handy gadgets [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gims, many times I run out without a purse and only a lipstick in my poscket if hubby is with me. I'll even go out alone with my license, credit card, cash and a lipstick in pockets. I love not having to carry a purse.

We have a Verilux lamp in our den that offers excellent light for reading. We inherited it from my MIL. It has mini fluorescent bulbs that are suppose to simulate daylight. It's not the most attractive thing, but we love it.

#143408 - 02/26/08 05:22 AM Forgetting abit about purses
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Yea, that purse/bag thing.

Even when I bike, I do carry the pannier bag around when I lock up bike. Admittedly it feels abit funny not to even have a tiny purse..if only a tiny shoulder bag.

This is why I like a well-designed knapack, leather slim-style purse that I carry on my back. But I have criteria in terms of where zippers/flaps are located..

I have not used a leather shoulder purse..in the past 10 years. No kiddin'.

For job interviews, I don't even carry a purse. I put my clipboard, writing paper and wallet plus hairbrush in my leather case portfolio. It has pockets inside. Large enough to carry a collapsible umbrella. I did carry this into work-related meetings with other colleagues. No purse.

What do I do if I have my period at work....I plot this in advance...I put my feminine hygiene packet(s) in my jacket pocket(s). Put my jacket on and go to the washroom.

But then, you're talking to a woman who in the dressiest of occasions will only carry lipstick, blush and brush in her purse --in terms of cosmetic-related stuff.

#143409 - 02/26/08 02:47 PM Re: Forgetting abit about purses [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Anno, who makes your Aero garden? I would be interested in knowing since you recommend it.

I hate carrying a purse. I will go lots of places with my license, debit card, lipstick, and a couple of mints in my pockets. It's so freeing!

#143410 - 02/26/08 08:54 PM Re: Forgetting abit about purses [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

orchid, I don't even carry a brush...and it probably shows, but I'm beyond that. I don't go out with bed-head. I'm not that bad yet!

#143411 - 02/26/08 08:59 PM Re: Forgetting abit about purses
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I bought this flat-to-the-body purse thingy before I traveled to Russia. It went around my neck and shoulder and was worn under my clothes. It still comes in handy. Frank is always making me put my purse in the trunk. I think it bothers him more than me!

#143412 - 02/27/08 07:09 PM Re: Forgetting abit about purses [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

My problem with purses is that I buy big ones and they become big black holes on the inside where I can find nothing.

Back to gadgets. How about the little flash drives for backing things up on the computer? I love them.

#143413 - 02/28/08 02:22 AM Re: Forgetting abit about purses
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
That's why I love this purse brite thing so much. I can find things now in my bag. I love flash drive, keychain drives, jump drives, thumb drives, whatever you call them, I love them.

#143414 - 02/28/08 08:24 AM Re: Forgetting abit about purses [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Is there a purse that lights up inside when you open it? Hey, am I on to something? If there is one, I'd buy it!

Louisa, I have no idea what you are talking about...excuse me...little girl living in foreign country here...
Flash drive? Jump drives, Thumb drives? Whaaaat?

#143415 - 02/28/08 09:11 AM Re: Forgetting abit about purses [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I second that. What are these drives about? We've been away too long, Hannelore. Never mind. I am a proud owner of the kettle.

Quote:

...fanny pack - isn't that what they're called?

LOL, Gims! The British blush at the mention of a fanny pack, which is called bum bags here. Bum is rear, fanny is frontal. Either way, it still refers to that part of the anatomy where the sun does'nt shine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved