The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 79 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#141854 - 02/18/08 10:59 PM Re: Do you know anyone without Health Care? [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hannelore, one of the (5 million!) problems with taxes in the US is -- how much goes to pork projects and waste! We pay for commissions to study commissions to make recommendations for more commissions, while the actual problem never gets solved. And then each commission is in some deep pocket$$, so no recommendations get made unless it is beneficial to those pocket$$.

I don't want national health care because all our tax $$ will go for commissions and committees, and very little for our actual health. Our government does a HORRIBLE job of managing our money, and I don't care to give them any more than I have already.

I don't see an end to the pork and corruption. UNTIL I see an end, I will not vote for any national programs to fund anything -- because, ultimately, it will fund the pockets of fat cats, and leave the rest of us poor mortals taxed to death.

Poet and essayist

#141855 - 02/19/08 02:23 AM Re: Do you know anyone without Health Care? [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You said a mouthful Meredith and I agree 1000000%!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#141856 - 02/19/08 07:08 AM Re: Do you know anyone without Health Care? [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Meredith, maybe if a new medical program would be launched, and it’s made corruption proof from the start ( it is possible!), than the money will go through the right channels. It’s easier to build a new house than to repair a shack.

And even if there is some corruption, isn’t that the lesser evil? Isn’t it t better than thousands of people not being treated because they aren’t insured. Stories like Sandpiper related should just not be. The unpaid medical debts are a burden to society as well. So saving money in the long run probably doesn’t happen either, if you don’t have national medical coverage.

That’s a good point, Anne327, about the big insurance companies having a lot to lose. It always comes down to money, doesn’t it?
Your right about wellness vacation saving money in the long run. That’s why they do it, although they are very careful that people don’t misuse it, and just go on a paid vacation.

#141858 - 02/19/08 09:43 PM Re: Do you know anyone without Health Care? [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I agree with the Divine Ms. M and Chatty. To allocate hundreds of thousands of dollars to study why a person slips on banana peels, is wacko! They send millions of dollars into space and then lose the device they're tracking. Pork and corruption: If they got rid of those, the national budget wouldn't be in the RED!!!!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved