The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#139089 - 01/25/08 01:47 AM Re: My summer project [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
LaydJane,
My son is building a house, I think a log cabin, in Harrison. We also have friends who live right there near where he is building. He's buliding it as a second home. To go up and ski and stuff, not to live there. It sounds pretty rural to me. Kittery is about a 45 minute drive for me. My daughter and I go there every now and then. In two weeks, I'll be in North Conway again. Yeah. I love it there. We'll go to Horsefeathers when we get there, have lunch, hang around the middle of town. My husband will have another beer while I go to the Penguin and Zeb's and the 5 and 10 cent store. Then we'll go check in and on Saturday we'll hit some outlets and have a nice dinner at the hotel. I so need to get away.

#139090 - 01/25/08 02:01 AM Re: My summer project [Re: Louisa]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh, Louisa, North Conway is one of my most favorite get-away places....I'm only 45 minutes from there! We did our little 4 day honeymoon there also. We stayed in a chalet with a hottub in the window overlooking the mountains. Great place!

#139091 - 01/25/08 12:02 PM Re: My summer project [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
LJ, That's where we went on our honeymoon too. We stayed in Glen at the Bernerhof. Also had a hot tub in the room. Most of the photos on their website in the room tour section were taken by me. We usually go back every year in January for our anniversary, but last year we stayed at the New England Inn in Intervale just for a change and this year we bumped it up to Feb. and we are staying at the White Mountain Hotel. No hot tub, but it's a lovely place. We have friends who live in Conway. They took us to dinner there when we were up there on our honeymoom. We were going to try Eastern Slopes Inn, but my husband said that they were not so great on the phone and that they did/said everything to make him NOT want to book it there. I can't wait to go.

#139092 - 01/25/08 12:10 PM Re: My summer project [Re: Louisa]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
It sounds heavenly, Louisa. I love North Conway and that whole area in any season at all. But there's something nice about the coziness of winter there. We did the Cog Railway on our honeymoon (October)....to the top of Mount Washington. It was awesome but once was definitely enough for me...kinda freaky to me! I love to travel up through Glen and eventually on to Whitefield. The small town beauty and the mountains just make me breathe easy. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved