The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#139059 - 01/21/08 04:43 PM Re: My summer project [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
ps--for some people, this green is too light...so don't take my word for it...!

#139060 - 01/21/08 04:56 PM Re: My summer project [Re: ladyjane]
Dee Offline

LadyJ...I love the color of sage...it's a nice warm color and is pleasing to the eye. You and JJ ought to post your pics when you're finished. How do you like painting ceilings? Talk about a pain in the neck...sheesh. I painted my dining room and up the stairs and upstairs hallway with a Lowe's color called Grandma's Linen (really pretty)...weird name but a really beautiful green color. It goes well with the black trim on the railing and steps and the black doors. Larry thought I was nuts wanting to paint the upstairs bedroom doors black but after he saw them he thought it was a pretty good idea.
JJ...when I saw the photo of your granddaughter eating her cake and the lace on the back of the chairs I sorta got a clue you like the cottage style...I bet your home is really beautiful...I dig through junk stores and garage sales for my stuff...I'm cheap when I can get away with it...Nothing wrong with that. In fact the white furniture in the single guest bedroom was given to me...I painted it and it looks like new. The curtains were $9 a panel, the lamps were $12 bucks apiece...and I found one of the whicker side tables on the side of the road...my husband didn't want to stop for it but I will jump out of a speeding car for wicker...Larry added a fresh coat of paint and there you have it.

#139061 - 01/21/08 05:00 PM Re: My summer project [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dee, my home is not beautiful, but I'm working on it. I love the cottage style, always have. Lace, pillows, old quilts, overstuffed chairs...ahhh...put me in it. And of course, wicker. Although I'll be the first to admit it is NOT comfortable. The swings are, but that's about it.

I think your savvy way of buying is just that...savvy. I would stop on the side of the road for a chair in a heartbeat. I'm with you. It wouldn't do for you and I and LJ to go junkin' as I call it. Larry would kill us! LOL!

One more thing...back in the 30's doors were black. I love that look. I absolutely love it!

#139062 - 01/21/08 05:29 PM Re: My summer project [Re: jawjaw]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I love "stuff" but my husband loves it more. One summer he brought home 3 lawn mowers at separate times (found on the side of the road)...ughhhh...why? I still don't know. I love yard sales. We're still trying to get settled and weed through stuff. We got together and had 2 or 3 of everything...Dee, how did you deal with that? I like the color of the walls in the photo...thanks! I'm not sure what I'll finally do. I have so far to go.

#139063 - 01/21/08 06:52 PM Re: My summer project [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, reminds me of a bed and breakfast. Love it. How many boomer women will it hold?

#139064 - 01/21/08 07:26 PM Re: My summer project
Mountain Ash Offline

Dee
embossed wallpaper..you may know it as ceiling paper.or anagylpta..its thickish with a protuding pattern maybe swirls in my case fluer de lyss.Once pasted on it can be painted with emusion paint.
MA

#139065 - 01/21/08 07:58 PM Re: My summer project [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Dotsie...I wish we were a B&B...always wanted to have one. Larry had one in Mobile at one time...the Kate Sheppard House...beautiful. He sold it several years ago. However, our little home is always open to my boomer friends anytime you are in this area, you're welcome to come by. The iced tea and front porch swing is waitin'.
I'm enclosing some more photos to show the color green (Grandma's Linen...the color by the stairs). The bedroom color is a beautiful green but I have no idea what it is...we've always like it and will not repaint it or wallpaper over it. The other photos show some more black doors and how they look in the rooms. Also every stick of furniture you see is garage sale stuff (Larry made the wall bookshelf for my junk)(except for the tiny coffee table...a friend of the family made that when he was in High School). It's amazing what you can pick up if you're in the right place at the right time. Georgia...LadyJ...we need to get together and go shopping for sales!!!

#139066 - 01/21/08 08:28 PM Re: My summer project [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

Mountain...I don't think I've ever seen that...or if I have I didn't know what it was. I've seen ceiling tin squares but not ceiling paper. Sounds like it would be beautiful...
and hard work putting up. I can't imagine wallpapering a ceiling but I bet it's worth it.

#139067 - 01/21/08 08:46 PM Re: My summer project [Re: Dee]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Dee, I LOVE the black doors....and the wall color is wonderful. What a beautiful combination! Thanks for taking the time to show us. I'll have to come to Alabama to do yard sales right now. It's frozen snow and ice here and 5 below zero today....I can't say there's a lot of sales at the moment. But when May comes you can find them on every corner for months!

#139068 - 01/21/08 11:20 PM Re: My summer project [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Dee, the rooms are both beautiful! I love the quilt and the bookcase and black doors and oh the chest with the shoes and the hat on it is so sweet. I love Victorian, myself. Hard to do in a condo, so we have Victorian wherever I can get away with it. I throw doilies around a lot. I used to wallpaper and paint all the time in my house in my other life. Now, we have only paint and have it done professionally. I painted the small bathroom once about 9 years ago. Too hard to do now. But, we are partial to a paint by Benjamin Moore called Opal. We have it in every room. It picks up the colors from the rug and whatever else is in the room, so it doesn't look like the same color from one room to the other.

I love what you did. What a lovely B&B it would make.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved