The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#137924 - 01/14/08 08:24 PM How do you find the time to keep up with this site
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Just a quick question..many of you keep up a lively discussion with eachother..and write quite a few posts and answers. HOW DO YOU FIND THE TIME for this during your busy days? Do you have shortcuts that you use to keep in touch here?

Just wondering.. .. this place and all of you have really begun to mean alot to me..you keep the sunshine and the fire in my life

#137925 - 01/14/08 08:26 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: humlan]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Well, for me personally, I hop online at 5:30 A.M. when I have my first coffee. Then I just periodically check in quickly, write a post or two and then hop off....depends on my day.

#137926 - 01/14/08 08:45 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Since my job is 50% computer work, I sometimes take a peek between phone calls, making exposes, and writing business letters. I have no colleagues to chat with, and allow myself a break while drinking a cup of coffee.
Usually I'm here early in the morning, and then after 9:00 PM, when the grandchild is sleeping and Hubby is watching soccer. That’s when I escape to visit with you gals.

And Humlan, you are a warm sunray in many of our lives as well.

#137927 - 01/14/08 10:14 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: Edelweiss]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
It's easier if my computer is working and I'm not at work. I miss too many great conversations when life gets in my way. I check in when I can and stay if I have time. I love it here and delighted you joined us, Humlan.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#137928 - 01/14/08 11:36 PM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: Saundra]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My visits are sporadic. Sometimes I only have the time to pop in and see what is up with people and post once or twice. Other times I have more time on my hands and can post more often. I, too, have many friends here who i cherish and miss them when I can't be around as often.

Sorry, no tricks or quick manuveurs around here - it took me a good solid year to feel like I knew a few of the women. Give it time, Humlan, it is worth the time spent.

I, too, am glad to have you around here. Seems you have been missing off and on yourself. Glad you are here now.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#137929 - 01/15/08 12:14 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Since I don't work outside of the home (and somedays do very little inside the home!) I'm able to be here throughout the day. My problem isn't time, it's energy. I've been very sick for two weeks, and have managed to get online almost every day, but haven't had any energy to respond or participate. But I love to read all of the posts and keep up with all the goings-ons. I miss everyone when I'm not able to get here.

I too really care for everyone here, and carry every person in heart and prayer throughout the days and sleepless nights, even in those times when I'm not able to participate in the threads.

Can't imagine my life without any of you!

One of my regrets is that with my brother's illness and death ripping so much out of me, I just haven't had the same spirit or energy to participate as whole-heartedly as I used to (here or anywhere else for that matter), so I've missed officially "meeting and greeting" a lot of the newer women here. Hopefully that will change this year.

(Maya Angelou)

#137931 - 01/15/08 12:21 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: Eagle Heart]
ladyjane Offline

Oh sweet Eagleheart, you WILL regain that strength....in time. My question, too, is how can one fall in love with so many friends here? I am smitten, taken by all the wonderful women here. I, too, can no longer imagine life without any of these wonderful women! Your strength will come back in time. I can't imagine life without you either. You are constantly a presence here....even when you're not or can't be. I hold you in my heart each day. Onward to a new year and a new inspiration for you and all of us. You are such a treasure, dear lady, and I don't think you're aware of how much you are! Come here and speak when you're comfortable, if only a word or two. I do pray you're feeling better now. Tell us when you're not well so we can pray....it's very powerful.

#137932 - 01/15/08 12:22 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this site [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Anne, you're very often around! You make very good use of your time and I just love hearing your next words!

#137933 - 01/15/08 02:20 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: ladyjane]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I check in daily but don't always post. I usually look at the active topics and skim through the posts, responding if I think I have something to contribute. And since classes are starting this week I probably won't be posting much. But all you wonderful ladies know that I will be rejoicing, sorrowing, and praying with all of you, even if I don't post.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#137934 - 01/15/08 05:36 AM Re: How do you find the time to keep up with this [Re: yonuh]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I have a problem with it, too...
I use the "Active Topics" link most of the time, and have found, when I do have time to go through the "Main Index," I've missed many discussions. I can only come in now and then... sometimes days pass before I can make a visit... by the time I re-enter, it's like "WHOA, I'll never catch up"... it's very discouraging.
But, then there other times, when I can visit at will, and the forums aren't busy at all... those times, I think, "Where is everyone? I'm missing the girls something awful!"

Oh, and there are the sleepless nights....

But, don't give up, humlan, I'm another that is glad you are here!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved