The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 87 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#135563 - 01/04/08 12:32 AM Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... [Re: dancer9]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Leo sun, Pisces rising, hidden Aquarian twin tuning in here -- and I am most DEFINATELY a believer

I know there are people that think that you can't believe in God and astrology, psychics, etc -- but I have to disagree. I think these are gifts available to all of us -- but only some of us are able to open their minds to the possibility.

Meredith - you say you have limited sight about past lives -- lately I've had a "thought" that makes me wonder if my "multiple personality disorder" has more to do with my past lives than this life -- especially since several highly respected doctors have diagnosed me with MPD (or DID) yet they are baffled why they can't find the "usual" causes for it -- I'm very interested in following up on this

and Chatty -- wow -- yea -- I hear you --

I'm not sure if you would call it being psychic, but I tend to aborb people's emotions -- strangers in the store, not just ones I know well, sometimes effect me so strongly when I walk past them that I have had to go back and make "contact conversation" with them -- like walking up to one woman and telling her that everything would be okay (first she looked at me strangely and then she smiled and hugged me)- (I tend to do this more than makes my hubby comfortable) and once as I drove past this house -- I had this over-whelming urge to stop and tell the man that lived there not to go to work that night (turns out he did work at night and was a cop). I have had a "feeling" and pulled off the side of the road and the car behind me got broadsided by a car that ran the stop sign -- so I believe

There are most definately angels, spirits and guides here to help us through if we can just open our minds and listen to them. We only have to look for the signs all around us for life to take an easier path. And personally - I believe that God has given us these signs and gifts.

but then -- I've been known to fire (Leo) myself up just to water (Pisces) myself out -- so what would I know

#135564 - 01/04/08 12:34 AM Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... [Re: lionspaaw]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
lionspaaw,
we are on the same page in this sort of thing.
Picses sun, Sag moon, (conjunct jupiter,) Cap rising!
And most definately all of it shows!

I agree with you and see with a different sort of sight.

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#135565 - 01/04/08 03:00 AM Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Lionspaaw, I have several friends who are psychic as well and see past lives, but no one has multiple personality disorder, so I have no clue as to yours. One fairly common belief system is that in this life, we will work out problems from past lives, or have to return in the future to do so. (In other words, keep trying until we get it right.) Sometimes there's "residual personality" from past times, but I've never heard of MPD in this context. That doesn't mean it can't be so -- it just means I don't know. Whatever, you should trust your instincts.

From your description, you're definitely what is called Empath and also Seer. I'm empath but not seer. I see my own path but can't see anyone else's.

Have you always had this level of ability, or did it increase after Robert's death? I ask because I had some ability before, but much more after I went through cancer. Traumatic events can open up paths in our life.

Poet and essayist

#135566 - 01/04/08 03:08 AM Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... [Re: meredithbead]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh gosh, someone read me!

#135567 - 01/04/08 05:46 PM Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

I have an usual talent.Just occasionally when I see someone I see their complexion as a colour bordering on jaundice.One man in college came near my students on an errand.I saw this and clocked that he was not OK. This was correst (in retrospect)
I almost forget I see this then it happens.Last time I was waiting for a theatre show on a sunny afternoon and a middle age woman passed.I saw this "colour" I believe no one else present sees this.
It isnt scary just a fact.Its not an aura its actually s definate variation in skin tone.
I have experienced several experiences which lead me to believe "There are more things in heaven and earth" .
Good topic.
Mountain ash

#135568 - 01/04/08 05:54 PM Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

I meant to add this is in no way the same experience I have when meeting an ill person.In school fragile pupils were brought to my department. as time went by many factors showed me when they were in decline.Behaviour and change in routine.amongst others.
What I describe above is completly different
Mountain ash

#135569 - 01/04/08 06:53 PM Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Mountain Ash,
It's possible you see people's auras!
dancer9

#135570 - 01/04/08 07:12 PM Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

I have always seen other's paths. As a child I was told to quiet down with my info because I would blurt it out!
I was in a study done by the University here when I was little for "esp." It was very amusing!
dancer

#135571 - 01/04/08 07:32 PM Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
My mother also has certain abilities. She would often tell me that she "knew" something which she had no way of logically knowing. When my grandmother died in Florida (we were in NYC) my mother started shaking. A few minutes later, the phone rang and Mom's first words were "I know."

Among my craft fairs, I also sell at Goddess festivals, which draw on a crowd many of whom are psychic. My abilities are relatively low next to these women, but it's almost a non-issue -- within this community, it's just assumed that a goodly number have some kind of ability.

Six times in my life, upon meeting someone who seemed nice on the surface, the hairs on my arms stood straight up. I instantly knew I was in danger, and high-tailed out as soon as possible.

Poet and essayist

#135572 - 01/04/08 07:43 PM Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

No dancer
I have seen an aura but this is as I described.
Their face colour is sallow and even if they act normally I sense a danger.
Mountain ash

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved