The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#13543 - 03/19/06 02:03 AM Dotsie...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My publisher forwarded a letter to me from a woman who told me my book not only changed the direction of her life but saved her life as well. I was sobbing by the end of it.

I got to thinking about your mission for this site and I want you to know how it has changed lives and attitudes.

I've seen women who come on for the first time and are so lonely, confused and depressed and it's like watching a miracle as their lives evolve and change just from being able to reach out to other women here. They are no longer isolated and lonely just because of the caring spirit here.

I'm deeply grateful that you listened to God and your inner voice and started this site. It is a blessing to so many. So are you.

#13544 - 03/19/06 03:24 AM Re: Dotsie...
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Amen to that!!

And here is the blessing that I've gotten here, with all of you supporting me and praying for my marriage...

My husband just left to go to confession. First time in 40 years!!! [Smile]

#13545 - 03/20/06 12:36 AM Re: Dotsie...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You're kidding???? Are we in the process of seeing a miracle happen?

#13546 - 03/20/06 03:44 AM Re: Dotsie...
Bluebird Offline

Not kidding! Yes, I'd call it a miracle. My priest kept telling me to pray to St. Joseph (my husband is a carpenter) and today is the feast day of St. Joseph. It feels like we've started over! I always knew he had so much unrepented sin on him but never really just said "you need to 'go', or I go...he went, I'm staying!!
Thanks for all the prayers.

And...I may have found that thing God wants me to do...will let you know if I become more sure about it.

#13547 - 03/20/06 04:17 AM Re: Dotsie...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Bluebird, I'm thanking God for your miracle too. I'm also looking forward to hearing what God wants you to do.

BTW, I just mentioned to my husband that today is the feast day of carpenters and since I have a few carpentry jobs for him, he should get started.
He said, "Hey, I'm interested in the feast. What's for dinner?"

Oh well, it was a good try.

I like when you post about those feast days, etc. It's neat.

smile

[ March 19, 2006, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#13548 - 03/20/06 04:54 AM Re: Dotsie...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, thanks for appreciating my desire to follow God's whispers. I have taken tremendous pleasure watching BWS and NABBW evolve, but it's not about me. It's about all the women who come posting and lurking, sharing stories, encouraging and building one another up.

I recall a woman saying that BWS was what she thought her church community SHOULD be. I wish I could remember who posted that. It was a couple years ago. Anyway, my prayer is that it remains that way.

Bluebird, I can't wait to hear about your dream. I prayed for you while I finished my copy of, oh gosh, what's the name of that book? The one about finding your dream that I told you about. You know what I mean. Anxiously waiting here...

It's so refreshing to hear about your hubby's change of heart. I'll be lifting him up when I see your posts.

#13549 - 03/20/06 05:45 AM Re: Dotsie...
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dianne, what a beautiful experience that must be! Praise the Lord. I always marvel at the things our Lord does when we become vessels willing to follow His directions.

Dotsie, same thought for you! The Lord must be smiling and pleased regarding your faithfulness in following His guidance too. This is certainly a place where many are touched in more than one ways.

Blessings to both of you and all my BWS sisters!

#13550 - 03/20/06 06:57 AM Re: Dotsie...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Blue, this is wonderful news. I'm sure you faithfulness has something to do with him going to confession, too. I truly believe God wants us to lead others by example. And we never know, (just like the case of Dianne reader) who is listening to us, reading our words, or watching our actions.

I'm so happy for you!

And I also agree that Dotsie has developed and given us all our very own HEART-MART to stop, share, heal and repair....

Thank you Dotsie.

JJ

#13551 - 03/21/06 12:00 AM Re: Dotsie...
Bluebird Offline

Smile, your husband is as funny as you are!!! I read that one out loud to my husband.

Thanks to all of you for sharing in my joy. I know this doesn't mean our marriage or family will be perfect but I think we'll be more in tune to His will.

The idea I came up with a week or so ago, is for an inter-denominational Christian coffehouse in our town. It would be a place for Christians to gather and talk, have Bible studies and most importantly, to listen to live local musicians.
It would be wholesome, family oriented fun and praise, sharing what we all have in common - our love of Jesus!
I checked our local paper and there is a place for rent, right on the street where our church is (which is exactly where I pictured it) and it is big enough and already has a cafe in it, which may be for rent as well!

Let me know what you all think and please pray and tell me if God gives any of you a revelation for me, yes or no...

#13552 - 03/21/06 12:30 AM Re: Dotsie...
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Hey Blue!

You don't need a revelation, just some cash!! Go get it! You asked for it, and there it is....Couldn't be plainer..... [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved