The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#132433 - 11/20/07 01:22 PM mall walking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It's that time of year again. Yesterday was rather damp and wet so I headed to the mall for a little walk and stretch. I recall a time I wouldn't mall walk because I thought it was for old ladies. Well, this is the second year I've been doing it. It doesn't mean I'm old, only that I don't care what people think any more. HA!

The temperature was much better inside and the atmosphere was grand. Everyone is decorated for the holidays. It looks so festive.

Anyone else mall walk? Or am I the only old lady?

#132434 - 11/20/07 02:28 PM Re: mall walking
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Ooooh, I would mall walk for sure! Warm, dry, and cheery with all the pretty Christmassy displays! It's wet and chilly here today but my nearest mall is an hour's drive away so I had to just zip up my rainjacket and walk the dog in through the puddles!

#132435 - 11/20/07 02:37 PM Re: mall walking [Re: Countrygirl]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Just posted about mall walks under the "chiropractors" thread. I, too, love it. When I worked my regular job, my office was right by the mall. Trouble is, I was so wiped out by the time I got back to the office and did my paperwork, that I'd just get in my car and drive west to the country! usually this time of year I give in and visit the mall just for the holiday stuff if only window shopping.

#132436 - 11/20/07 02:49 PM Re: mall walking [Re: ladyjane]
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I mall walked several years ago with two 'older' ladies from my church. We went through the winter months.

We went at 7 AM before the stores opened or the music started blaring. All you heard was the clomp, clomp, clomp of the walkers. I loved it! There was one elderly gentlemen who passed us all up.

#132437 - 11/26/07 09:51 PM Re: mall walking [Re: DonnaJ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

While mall walking during store hours the other day, there was a bench of teenagers I passed several times. On about the third time around, one of the gals points at me and says, "Look at that lady. She's mall walking," and kinda laughed. Noticing that I saw her, she got all goofy and turned the other way. What a hoot. I switched to another level so I didn't have to pass her again.

Donna, this is something new for me. I used to do it when the stores were closed, but it's kinda fun doing it when they're open too. Lots more going on which makes the time go faster!

#132439 - 11/29/07 03:53 AM Re: mall walking [Re: ]
GodsLittlePencil Offline

Loc: Nebraska
OK....OK....I tried it today. But, darn it, there was this Hickory Farm display and of course they had samples. Well, I couldn't be rude, so I had to stop for a sample. THEN I was forced into buying because it was sooo good.

Well, I got away from there, but then there was another display with more Nativity sets. I was good and didn't buy another one. So, I walked about 20 steps further and found one of those body shops giving away hand lotion samples. Again, I couldn't be rude could I?

I'm just not at all convinced that mall walking is good.... Or maybe it's just not good on my pocket book.

OH WELL !!!!

Have a great day (walk).

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iprayers

#132440 - 12/02/07 10:06 PM Re: mall walking [Re: GodsLittlePencil]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Joan, maybe you need to walk when the mall is closed. Our mall opens at 7:00 so you can walk without the crowds.

I know what you mean about samples. We have a See's candy kiosk set up and all but one of the times I've mall walked this past month, I've gotten a sample. YUM. I love See's candies and am glad they aren't here all year. They only come for the holidays.

Check them out online:

www.sees.com

These are my favorites - Toffee-ettes

http://www.sees.com/Prod.cfm?CatGroup=00250085

Ross got me a tin of them for Christmas last year and I tried to control myself by eating one a day. They are to die for!

#132441 - 12/17/07 01:43 AM Re: mall walking
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
We have Ethel M's Fancy Chocolates factory here in Vegas and they allow tours, they are awesome, then you get sample candy and head for the candy store. Now that would be a great place for the Boomers to tour when here in April. The candy is expensive but really unbelievable. Then right outside they have the Cactus gardens. That is also a must see to believe...

Edited by chatty lady (12/17/07 01:44 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#132442 - 12/24/07 05:44 PM Re: mall walking [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Count me in on that tour!

The weather has been a little bit warmer so I've been able to walk outside a few mornings this past week. It is so much more fun than mall walking because you get to feel the crisp outdoors and see all of God's glorious creation in winter.

Anyone still walking?

#132443 - 01/01/08 09:28 PM Re: mall walking
Bookie Offline

Loc: Arizona
What Tour? I wanna be there too! Especially if it is after April 15th. I'll need a little vacation after tax season.

And Dotsie, I don't know why I've not noticed or remembered that you are in Maryland. Where in Maryland are you? My son is in Gaithersburg. Have we talked about this before?

"If you want something you've never had, you've got to do something you've never done."

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved