The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#131264 - 11/08/07 09:29 PM Re: Which version of the Bible do you read? [Re: muskateerette]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
muskateerette, It's so wonderful that you got a chance to get to know God more intimately. That might not have happened if you had 'religiously' attended church every week. Taking a break from church has really enlightened me in the sense that I realise that it is my relationship with God which matters, not whether or not I attend every prayer meeting, ladies' evening, bible study, etc. I think I have allowed myself to be pressured and guilt-tripped into burning myself out trying to serve the Lord, when in reality I've been too busy to spend proper time in relationship with Him. Joyce Meyer is currently teaching on this very subject and it has really spoken to my heart. For the first time in my life I have realised that God loves and accepts me unconditionally and I can't make Him love me more by striving all the time.

I think sometimes churches manipulate people by teaching them that if we dare not attend everything regularly then something bad will happen. For example, I was once told that if I chose to go out with my family instead of attend church we might have a car accident because God would not look after us if we were being disobedient! Isn't that a rotten thing to plant in someone's heart?? I disregarded it but other people might really believe that stuff. Anyway, I'm discovering some wonderful truths and it's so refreshing!

Thank you for caring about my daughter, prayers would be appreciated. xx

#131265 - 11/09/07 12:04 AM Re: Which version of the Bible do you read? [Re: Countrygirl]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I use the New Revised Standard Version and I have the Life Application Bible. I absolutely love it.

I don't like religion that instills guilt. I don't beleive God works like that. I had to shed that from my catholic upbringing and it took awhile. I'm glad those feeling are gone. They can make you crazy.

#131266 - 11/09/07 08:34 PM Re: Which version of the Bible do you read?
muskateerette Offline

Loc: southwestern Idaho
countrygirl, I was so blessed by using John Eldredge's books and journals during these years. I learned that the thing the Lord wants above all else is an intimate relationship with ME. I am that valuable. The church tends to teach that service is the priority. How can we really serve others if we are empty inside? How can we share the Lord with others if we don't really know him, because we never spend time with him, because we are way to busy running in circles? My eyes have been so opened to how hungry I was for intimacy. The kind of intimacy that can only come from him. It is wonderful sharing with you, thank you. Blessings

Dotsie, I rarely hear of anyone who uses Revised Standard anymore. I have asked hubby for the New King James version for Christmas because my bible is so "war torn" I'm concerned about how frail the pages are getting. I understand it is excellant.

[url=http://theheartofthehomeblog.blogspot.com
"A recipe and hospitality blog"

#131267 - 11/09/07 09:28 PM Re: Which version of the Bible do you read? [Re: muskateerette]
Countrygirl Offline

muskateerette, sounds like you went through the journey I'm travelling at the moment...I'll look out for John Eldredge's books, thank you. God Bless you and yours, xx

#131268 - 11/13/07 11:38 PM Re: Which version of the Bible do you read? [Re: Countrygirl]
muskateerette Offline

Loc: southwestern Idaho
Hi countrygirl, I started with "The Sacred Romance", and the journal to go along with it, and had my heart opened to a whole new world in my relationship with the Lord. Blessings on your journey

[url=http://theheartofthehomeblog.blogspot.com
"A recipe and hospitality blog"

#131269 - 11/18/07 07:33 PM Re: Which version of the Bible do you read? [Re: muskateerette]
Countrygirl Offline

muskateerette, thank you. God Bless, xx

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved