The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 135 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#128220 - 09/21/07 04:40 PM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Eagle Heart]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I didn't know about the skins, Eagle Heart,I will look for them. Thanks for the info!
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#128221 - 09/21/07 04:41 PM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Eagle Heart]
dancer9 Offline

Wise and true, Eagle Heart. This forum can bring the best out of people who never had a voice.
dancer

#128222 - 09/21/07 05:19 PM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: dancer9]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Like JJ said, there have been some who have come to "stir things up", unfortunately leaving others with the feeling that their voices are no longer valid or wanted or safe here. This hurts me, and all of us, when we see these voices and wisdoms silenced for whatever reason. All we can do is to continue to strive to make this a safe place for all who come here, welcoming and embracing the wisdom and light each one brings through their unique life experience.

I for one believe it's no accident that women find us. I stumbled in here having no idea whatsoever what this place was...but within hours of posting my first post (a desperately lonely cry for help), I knew without a doubt that it was no accidental stumbling at all! This was EXACTLY where I needed to be at the time, and it's still exactly where I'm supposed to be, "paying it forward" and helping others who stumble in here.

It's not always easy or possible to meet everyone's needs here; many of us are wounded and deal with ongoing issues that aren't pleasant to cope with. All we can be is who we are...like Princess said, it ain't always pretty, but it's almost always the truth of who we are, and at the core of that is a profound caring and hope for the well-being of all who enter here.

I'm like LadyJane with respect to really taking the cares and concerns of the women here to heart...although I may not always feel able to respond publicly, I ALWAYS carry the women here in my heartprayers throughout the day and especially during insomniac nights. It's no burden, it's one of the few gifts I'm still capable of giving - to be able to pray for people.

It is painful at times. I've been very worried about someone who posted what sounded very much like a suicidal farewell here several months ago. I haven't been able to reach her, and have no idea how to...it stressed me out so much for many weeks, but eventually all I could do was offer it up to God and ask Him to take care of her because she was out of my reach. Those situations (people leaving for negative reasons) are sad and painful for those of us who care deeply for this place and the women within this community. But we can only do what we can, and then hope that others more wiser and capable - and/or God - will fill in the gaps.

(Maya Angelou)

#128223 - 09/21/07 06:52 PM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
“If we envision a world where women support each other and help each other find their place in an ever-changing world, then we can become the change we want to see. Jealousy, envy, criticism, and judgment are refuges for the insecure. As we help others to become self-assured, we create a world in which all people help each other, regardless of gender.

Only women can make the change in how women are seen and understood, not just by other women but by the world at large. The way we speak about each other to other women and to the men in our lives informs everyone to treat us with the respect that all women, and all people, deserve.”

I wish I wrote this, but I didn't; got it from Dailyom.

What touches me time and time again is how most of these posts come directly from our hearts; just alone this thread can really move me. At the same time we can be silly and bond in our common ways of thinking, just like we used to do at pajama parties. All this is what holds me here, and is the reason why this site has become a dear and valuable part of my life.

I’m glad we are all open to new sisters that can enrich our lives. We were all once newbies here at one time.

#128224 - 09/25/07 08:25 AM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sometimes, after or during a stressful situation, I come here and feel like I am home, where hearts are warm, and the love flows free. I hope to impart the same feelings in those who come here and find myself and others sitting around the cyber fire waiting to great them. Home 'is' where the heart is...

Edited by chatty lady (09/25/07 08:27 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#128225 - 09/25/07 01:00 PM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, listen and follow your heart. That's all I did when I launched this site...and God sent spirited women here to enrich it. It was all a part of his plan.

Eagle, please email me about the woman you were wondering about. Perhaps I know something. I hope I do.

I recently asked for feedback for the association and one woman wrote that she thought I should have a HELP line. So this is now one of the dreams for the NABBW and BWS. To do this I would need to hire profssionals and I can't quite do that yet, but I thought it was an interesting idea.

I am continually amazed at how we can discuss such heavy topics in one forum, then go to another and end up laughing hysterically.

#128226 - 09/25/07 02:53 PM Re: The nicest thing about this site:
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Dancer, I've always found your messages very interesting and I believe I have a lot in common with you although I couldn't dance my way out of a paper bag!

This is a wonderful site and some women stay a while and then leave but they have left behind great words of wisdom in most cases. I'm just glad you found us!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#128227 - 09/25/07 05:39 PM Re: The nicest thing about this site: [Re: Dianne]
dancer9 Offline

thank you Dianne, you are very kind.
dancer

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved