The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#126548 - 08/28/07 05:34 PM Fellowship of the Devastated
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
As I mentioned several weeks ago, I am about to embark on a journey of writing a book aimed at honoring the fallen and wounded in the War on Terror and hopefully providing some guidance for those who will also find themselves following this same path. The title of the book will be Fellowship of the Devasted. My co-writer is my new friend, Mary, who lost her son a year ago to an IED. (For background, see post entitled Independence Day Story under Blessings/Joys)

Mary and I have decided to donate the majority of proceeds from the book to Fisher House, which is an organization that provides housing to the families of the wounded around the world as they stay by their loved one's side during final hours or during recuperation.
www.fisherhouse.org
Other proceeds will go to the scholarhip fund in memory of Mary's son.
www.cplmatthewwallace.com/

I am currently working on building a website to support the book project, and hope to have that operational within the next few weeks. As soon as it is up and running we will be ready to solicit stories from families, friends and loved ones who have sacrificed for us.

One of my concerns in tacking this project was what some would perceive as my lack of credibility as I have lost no one in this war, nor have I had any family member serve. That concern is no longer an issue, as our family received word this weekend that my nephew has been deployed and will be leaving for Afghanistan in December.

http://www.thefellowshipofthedevastated.com

www.arivaevents.com

#126549 - 08/28/07 06:50 PM Re: Fellowship of the Devastated [Re: WizardofZA]
Mountain Ash Offline

It is a worthy thing you are doing.Having no one in a situation is no barrier.I have no mine workers in mine yet during the strike in Scotland when the mines were being closed I helped feed and contibuted money for the families who had no wages for a year.If something touches you then its time for action.
All the best for your project.
Mountain ash

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved