The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1249 - 06/30/05 07:07 AM What is your ultimate goal?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I posted this under Faith/Religion. Why not here?

We all have goals, and I was just wondering if at this age we fall into the category of changing our goals from earlier years, Like: If I win the lottery, I want a yacht, etc.to
more of health, happiness, family, self etc.

My ultimate goal would be to have all my family friends healthy and happy of course, first and foremost.

I would like to live in Tennesse and have ALL of our children and grand children living a garden apart from us. I know, be careful what you wish for.
More of a dream, but I can dream can't I?

My more realistic goal? I want to continue my ventriloquism training from years ago and go on the road to entertain. Can you relate Lynn?

I am currently working on "Minnie" and "Perry" and their "Manypausal conflicts." I am getting these ventriloquist "characters", (my design, I have already created them in Cartoon form) for my birthday. I can just see the RED HAT society calling me from all over the country. Maybe BWS will have an entertainment night at the convention. Ahem, just for the record, I'm not booked yet. [Wink]

I have decided to let it all out today, haven't I
Keeping it in my head certainly won't help me accomplish anything. There, I've said it. And it feels good...a little scary tho.(my secret is out)

What are your Ultimate goals, ladies.
Maybe by posting them, we will be one step closer to actually acomplishing them. I wish us all luck in doing so.

chick

#1250 - 06/29/05 08:57 PM Re: What is your ultimate goal?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
For years I wrote long range plans for organizations and companies and was astounded at how effective they were in centering the organization's efforts and how success seemed to almost always result from those written plans.

When I started my own business, at first I was too busy surviving to write a plan, but at some point I decided I should and did so. I was amazed at how it relieved a lot of the confusion. I no longer had to conceive every moment. I could just work the plan. The company was very successful.

In 1997 it occurred to me to write a plan for my life. I consulted the Bible and wrote a formal long range plan. I look at it often and I am astounded at the goals that, with the help of God, have been achieved.

It's not easy and you have to put a lot of thought into it, but it's something I would recommend for everyone.
smile

#1251 - 06/30/05 02:37 PM Re: What is your ultimate goal?
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
My first reaction is my goal is to live long enough to achieve my other goals, lol.

But I'm wondering what the difference is between our dreams and our goals.

Is the goal the final destination and dreams the way we get there?

You've really made me start to think on these things because, I guess, at my age I really want to focus on what's most important.

In a general sense, my goal is truly to be doing whatever God wants. I'm blessed that it is writing.

And I guess another goal is to leave a legacy for my daughter, my grandchildren, and my siblings.

And to always laugh.

Hugs and blessings, Francine

#1252 - 07/01/05 07:25 AM Re: What is your ultimate goal?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
A dream is an unfocused idea that probably occurs almost exclusively in the right (brain and does not necessarily lead to achievement. Some people prefer to continue dreaming because dreams do not require effort.

In a formal plan, the dream is verbalized as the Vision.
The ideal good you would like to accomplish with your life is your Mission.
Those sound idealistic, but they are an important part of a formal plan. Somehow just writing them down helps organize the dreams into thoughts.
Your goals are what you must logically achieve in order to accomplish your mission and realize your vision.
Your objectives are steps toward achieving the goals and are measurable, achievable, and time have deadlines.
If achieved at the designated times, they will logically lead to the accomplishment of your goals.

Planning brings your imagination into reality. There is a lot of power in it, but it can also be a risk and it can change the pure pleasure of dreaming into work.
smile

#1253 - 07/01/05 06:44 PM Re: What is your ultimate goal?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Writergirl, I can relate to you.

Wow, smile! Great explanation!

[Razz] Well, I'll tell you gals, my daily goals:
-I aim to reflect God's love to others
-I aim to "touch" at least 1 person, through my words, in a way that inspires them to seek a closer relationship with our Lord and to allow God to fulfill His purpose in them.
-I aim to live my day w/o regrets, that if this becomes my last day, it will be a legacy of gratitude to God and others, a legacy of trust in the Lord, a legacy of love and understanding, a legacy of compassion to those less fortunate, a legacy of true friendship, a legacy that inspires faithfullness to our heavenly Father!

[ July 01, 2005, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved